Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2018 NCAA Tournament Games

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Not that it matters, but I think that was Maryland Eastern Shore. 

It was UMBC in Zeller's freshman year. We beat them 89-47. There was some other team from Maryland that came in and smacked us around in Crean's early years, Loyola maybe.

I got lucky. I had them going out the next round. Miami hurt me a little. Had them going to Elite 8. But a fun 2 days of games for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
I won 2 huge cash prizes about 20 yrs ago, so if I never win another one, I'm fine. I always root for the underdog (except IU games) regardless if it busts my bracket.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What's worse. Missing the ncaa tourney or losing as a #1 to a #16? What just happened?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah man that’s rough because this will sting far worse. Not only losing to a 16, but getting absolutely smoked by the 16. I would rather not make the tournament that year. I don’t know how some of those players recover from that.

3 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Had a legitimately great year....and no one will care or remember. All about the tourney. 

Definitely the saddest part. They were an awesome team. Just ran into a buzzsaw and it was bound to happen

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I did a coin flip bracket and... UMBC beat Virginia! (Let's not talk about Radford going to the elite eight though!)

I thought a 16 would beat a 1, eventually. I thought it'd be some crazy play. A flipping 20 point butt whooping! Crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It was tied at halftime too, not like UMBC got hot from the start and never looked back.

Games like that truly makes you appreciate and enjoy the essence of March Madness!

Right! That FCGU run a few years back as a 15 was my favorite non IU tournament memory. This for sure tops that. Sorry Nips