Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Josh

IU vs Rutgers game thread

It’s not all on him tonight by any means. But this is one of many choices I could cherry pick to highlight Newkirk’s decision making . He got the ball and turned and immediately threw it to Al who had his back turned. I don’t know what I’ll miss less, his going full speed past the foul line 1 on 4 or him trying to dribble through a defender and tripping on his own. IMG_2613.thumb.jpg.eab3f7826e288b17c4b1bc4b5f599c50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Candy Stripes said:

I forgot. You’d give them all a participation ribbon as well.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Barking at me isn't going to change a thing. I get it, you're disappointed with the outcome. Not sure why or how you think this makes things any different or if this is some kind of coping mechanism...but it is the funniest thing I have read. Thank you. 

1 minute ago, A.j. Nigh said:

It’s not all in him tonight by any means. But this is one of many choices I could cherry pick to highlight Newkirk’s decision making . He got the ball and turned and immediately threw it to Al who had his back turned. I don’t know what I’ll miss less, his going full speed past the foul line 1 on 4 or him trying to dribble through a defender and tripping on his own. IMG_2613.jpg

Al did a great job to recover and get that ball too

I swear this place is more embarrassing than anything I’ve seen our basketball team do

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

Come on man! You know we would have coached this team to 75 wins and 3 Natty’s with this roster . In all seriousness we should have won that game. 20 years of shitting the bed in the B1G Tournament. Is what it is and like that I am glad the season is over.

Hate seeing it end this way!

Appreciated the adult beverages that helped get me through this!!

Rutgers has some dogs and they outplayed us, simple as that!

This was a transition year and Archie will have us back in the tournament next year w/ or w/o Romeo!!

Hate it or whatever, Newkirk and Johnson gave it their all!

Looking forward to seeing Anderson, Phinisee, Thompson, Hunter and Forester in Cream and Crimson next year!!

Go Hoosiers!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Come on man! You know we would have coached this team to 75 wins and 3 Natty’s with this roster . In all seriousness we should have won that game. 20 years of shitting the bed in the B1G Tournament. Is what it is and like that I am glad the season is over.

Yeah I’m sick of the BTT flops - just glad I didn’t shell out for another year of disappointment even tho this one was finally a home game for me!

I’ve been ready for this season to be over since before it began. I hated that Archie had to play IPFW his first game as coach, and I knew nothing good was going to come of this roster. This was a bit worse than I thought, but I’m pleasantly surprised by Al and Justin Smith. Morgan’s improvement was incredible. Green is showing some real development. I’m excited for year two with a pissed off Archie!

I don’t think Crean would have done better w this roster. I feel for RoJo. Didn’t want his career to end like that. Hartman’s injuries really hurt his ability to play. Never could get Morgan going today. Seemed like he’s worn out. Team rode him all year.

Durham played well today. Otherwise, I don’t have much.
Freddie plays hard and gives effort.
Mcbob does the same. Just didn’t have the talent to compete when the shots aren’t falling.

Rebuilds are tough. Having patience is tougher. Iu needs to add two more to next years team. One from New Albany. The other, a grad transfer big. How much did The Michigan transfer help that year. There’s no guarantee how long Deron is out. And no guarantee he doesn’t move on.
Still think there could be a couple that choose to move on.

Rough year. Some good. Some bad. Lots to fix in order get better.

Yep lots of people doubting archie. I told everyone crean stunk early on and why i thought so. I am telling you archie will succeed here just sit back and have some patience.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

"But...but....

What about instantaneous success? Other big schools do it with their first year coaches.

I sure hope CAM gets us three 5*s next year. If not he is a horrible coach and we'll never win another game EVER!

FIRE EVERYONE! FIRE THEM NOW! LIGHT YOUR TORCHES....WE MARCH ON BLOOMINGTON!!!"

I shouldn't have to put this, but I will: Sarcasm.

I don’t think Crean would have done better w this roster. I feel for RoJo. Didn’t want his career to end like that. Hartman’s injuries really hurt his ability to play. Never could get Morgan going today. Seemed like he’s worn out. Team rode him all year.

Durham played well today. Otherwise, I don’t have much.
Freddie plays hard and gives effort.
Mcbob does the same. Just didn’t have the talent to compete when the shots aren’t falling.

Rebuilds are tough. Having patience is tougher. Iu needs to add two more to next years team. One from New Albany. The other, a grad transfer big. How much did The Michigan transfer help that year. There’s no guarantee how long Deron is out. And no guarantee he doesn’t move on.
Still think there could be a couple that choose to move on.

Rough year. Some good. Some bad. Lots to fix in order get better.

You're too rational for this place. Get out before they start chucking beer bottles at you.

But I agree.

Yeah I’m sick of the BTT flops - just glad I didn’t shell out for another year of disappointment even tho this one was finally a home game for me!

I’ve been ready for this season to be over since before it began. I hated that Archie had to play IPFW his first game as coach, and I knew nothing good was going to come of this roster. This was a bit worse than I thought, but I’m pleasantly surprised by Al and Justin Smith. Morgan’s improvement was incredible. Green is showing some real development. I’m excited for year two with a pissed off Archie!

This is a pretty good take. I am not impressed with Al like so many others. Green......Ugh. Not sure he will ever get it. Moore............

I will be happy to see heavy roster turnover if that is what Archie wants.

I like Smith, Morgan, maybe Davis, McBob (only in the right role).

My personal assessment of our returning talent is just so weak.

Phinisee will be great.....some day.
Decent building block class with a weak returning team doesn't translate to the type of success I'd like to see next year.

And that is why I'm bummed out.

While all the other Cheating programs continue to add legit talent.

So many low’s over the last few years. My fandom for IU, and really the game in general, has hit rock bottom. Some guy said we have missed the NCAA tournament 8 of the past 15 years. Honestly, it’s perfectly conceivable that we don’t make it next year either. That’s a problem for me. I love the tournament. Lived for it. Here’s the thing though, I don’t give a s*** about anybody but IU. I don’t care about watching how other B1G teams fare, and I damn sure don’t care about picking teams in the office bracket challenge anymore. If we don’t make it, I don’t watch. From guys getting in trouble with alcohol and running over people with cars, to the serious roster flaws of this year, you have wounded me IU. It’s easy to lump everything on the former coach. Don’t. It goes so much deeper. I’m tired. This program is more tired. Wake up.

In a game in which your season is on the line, I sure would have liked to see a lot more intensity from the players.  Rutgers guys had it and we looked like we were scrimmaging.  That is what disappointed me as much as anything.

At least we were outstanding from the stripe tonight.  Other than that, it was a pretty bad performance.