Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Indiana vs Ohio State Senior Night Game Thread

Hard to tell from watching on tv, but it seemed like the crowd wasn't very engaged last night for it being senior night against a top 25 team. Even near the end they were getting into it but not as loud as I expected. Maybe I had the volume down too low, I don't know. Anyone at the game?

21 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Hard to tell from watching on tv, but it seemed like the crowd wasn't very engaged last night for it being senior night against a top 25 team. Even near the end they were getting into it but not as loud as I expected. Maybe I had the volume down too low, I don't know. Anyone at the game?

Friday night game.. indiana high school basketball night. 

Romeo in town right up the road.

Plus, we're not very good haha

I was there and the crowd size was subpar as expected but the stadium was loud when it needed to be. My belief is that if we win the crowds will come. When we were competitive throughout the game the crowd was fantastic. When we were down early and in the second half the crowd was nonexistent - which is a problem. Outside of winning, one thing would help encourage fans to come to games, and it’s the guy from New Albany if you ever heard of him!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

52 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

I was there and atmosphere was good and the place was very loud in crunch time so you are incorrect there. People stood almost the whole way from about 10 minutes in the second half right until the end of the second OT. The only problem were the balconies were almost empty again although the main level was packed unlike the Illinois game. Winning will take care of all of this though.

13 hours ago, Aaron said:

This game feels like a bad case of deja vu with some key differences. 

I am fast forwarding back to Feb 13 2008. This was the day they implicated Sampson and his recruiting violations went public. Later that night Brian Butch beat us on a 3 with about 4.5 seconds left that cost us Big Ten Title when we had just taken the lead a few seconds earlier in a back and forth game. Also throw in that my buddy who I was at the game with had a bit of a flu and upset stomach he was recovering from.

Now fast forward to tonight and we lose on a 3 with 1.6 seconds left from about the same spot but a couple feet further out (only other time since we have lost a lead at home with under 10 seconds left was atrocious PSU meltdown in 14) after taking lead a few seconds earlier. Also IU gets somewhat implicated in FBI scandal and I am recovering from a bit of a flu and upset stomach. 

Obviously a few key differences in that this loss didn't cost us a Big Ten Title or even an NCAA appearance since we are a middling team. Also the implication on the scandal is no where near as bad (yet and hopefully it stays that way) and we are far from the only player so if anything happens to us it will happen to dozens of other programs also. 

Obviously the 2 nights are not alike in every way but in my world there are some strange similarites.

How can you fast forward back to 2008?

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

I was there and atmosphere was good and the place was very loud in crunch time so you are incorrect there. People stood almost the whole way from about 10 minutes in the second half right until the end of the second OT. The only problem were the balconies were almost empty again although the main level was packed unlike the Illinois game. Winning will take care of all of this though.

Yeah I figured maybe it was just hard to tell on tv. Good to hear though.

A while to let this sink in, so some thoughts.

I'm tired of missing free throws.

The play at the end of regulation was a Tom Crean special, I hope that's not what Miller drew up.

Last couple games we've given up too many close baskets.

Morgan didn't score as much but got a big basket when we needed it.

We fought hard and didn't give in.

Newkirk should have to buy a ticket to see the court again after the way he messed himself down the stretch.

Missed FTs, two terrible TOs, and two missed layups in OT. Damn

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Yeah. Man I dunno. What must Freddy have been thinking when he darn near missed the rim by a FOOT?!?
It certainly wasn’t shooting a free throw.
Perhaps some cute little gal he had a date with after the game?

AIRBALL FREE THROW = AIRHEAD

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

4 hours ago, Aaron said:

I was at the game, also. I agree with your assessment of the crowd and the enthusiasm.  I really don't like the Friday night games as it conflicts with other activities and/or work schedules that fans have. We come in from the west and 46 traffic isn't bad. However good friends that sit directly behind us comedown 37 and they commented that the traffic was horrible. 

I will say I was disappointed in the size of crowd for the senior celebration, but the double overtime probably impacted fans decision to stay or start home.

I thought the same from watching on tv. For those in attendance, I'm sure it was "loud" but we all know what it really sounds like when the whole balcony is stuffed. It sounds like the place could fall in. Hope it's back to that in about 9 months lol. I wish I was present that day we were playing Michigan State and Zeller stole the ball from Tum(?) Or whoever was their pg. He FLUSHED it.. the camera seemed like it was shaking from the noise

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app