Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Late Season Optimism

14 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, I was his biggest advocate. The skill set always impressed me, even last year.

Even I, through most of the season had given up on him because I thought he just couldn't change his player personality and decision making.

Honestly, post season or not, I'm enjoying what Archie is doing for ALL the reasons the OP stated. (Great post BTW).

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Me too,  but I never gave up on him. His play is sometimes erratic.... but the brilliance was always there... the shooting slump worried me but i didn't think he was getting enough minutes to find his rhythm. 

Rojo coming back around recently has been great. 

I do feel like I've given up on Hurtman though,  which sucks cause I really liked him and thought he would be a difference maker in at last a few games. 

10 minutes ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

Me too,  but I never gave up on him. His play is sometimes erratic.... but the brilliance was always there... the shooting slump worried me but i didn't think he was getting enough minutes to find his rhythm. 

I do feel like I've given up on Hurtman though,  which sucks cause I really liked him and thought he would be a difference maker in at last a few games. 

Definitely agree on Hartman (lol, just saw the Hurtman when I quoted this).  He's playing so tentative and reserved (honestly don't blame him) that he's just a shadow of his former self.  Several people I know have said that he provides a lot of guidance and support for the team, so he's got that.  But, I really wanted to see him have a tremendous season

Clifton Moore still remains a mystery.  Can the kid play or not?  Are we investing in his future or will he cut ties?

I believe Durham and Smith have had valuable freshman experience with development potential.  Moore on the other hand...

I don't think that he has gotten a fair shot at PT given only a small handful of minutes when the game is totally out of hand.  I would think it would be hard to be inserted in a game when you have sat 37 minutes of a 40 minute game and be productive.

4 minutes ago, HoosierCoop said:

Clifton Moore still remains a mystery.  Can the kid play or not?  Are we investing in his future or will he cut ties?

I believe Durham and Smith have had valuable freshman experience with development potential.  Moore on the other hand...

I don't think that he has gotten a fair shot at PT given only a small handful of minutes when the game is totally out of hand.  I would think it would be hard to be inserted in a game when you have sat 37 minutes of a 40 minute game and be productive.

Clifton Moore has gotten a fair shot, in that if he exhibited potential to help the team with athleticism, understanding, and effort, Archie would be putting him on the court.

Instead, he has not been put on the court even in blowouts.

To me that is not a good sign for his future at IU.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Clifton Moore has gotten a fair shot, in that if he exhibited potential to help the team with athleticism, understanding, and effort, Archie would be putting him on the court.

All in wishful thinking, I was hoping for more out of his potential and not a typical roll the dice type of recruit.

Hate to see kids leave, but if it benefits the player and the team, I'm all for it.  We haven't gotten much in the way of interviews or posters on here knowing him, to be able to gauge his mindset.  If he can stick it out, improve and be an asset, I'll pull for him 100%.  But, if he's a detriment to the team (not saying he is, at all!) and wants to go elsewhere, I'm happy for him there also.  He seems to be a team player, judging only from the shots of the bench when we're winning, but who knows?

22 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

IMO Moore will leave the program.   Prior to signing I felt he made it pretty clear that redshirting was not an option which I think would have been to his benefit.  And from other comments he made last spring/summer that his perception of his talent level was way too high.   And as shorthanded as we've been on the front line, if he'd really demonstrated he could make a real contribution I don't for a minute believe that Archie wouldn't have given him many more minutes.  

35 minutes ago, HoosierCoop said:

Coaches also see him in practice.  Considering our need for depth/size down low and he still can't get minutes, it means he's that far from being productive at this level.

10 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

You could add in making just one or two layups to that. I hope the returning players realize that they could be dancing if they converted a layup and/or a FT here and there. That needs to be on the off-season list of things to improve.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Don't disagree with you at all. But, I also think that could apply to the other team as well in close games we win. Whether it's missed free throws, layups, or turnovers, two or three plays a game usually makes the difference between winning and losing. While I would really like to see this team get the easy points, I'm ecstatic to see a return to valuing the ball and an offense that works for good shots. However this season ends, I am truly looking forward to the future.

1 hour ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

I do feel like I've given up on Hurtman though,  which sucks cause I really liked him and thought he would be a difference maker in at least a few games. 

Still could be.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

If you guys think that things are good now, can you imagine if Collin's shot gets fixed? 

He looked healthier last game, and therefore it could happen.

He and McBob could sneak more in the offense given the fact that RoJo and Green have been more consistent.

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

If you guys think that things are good now, can you imagine if Collin's shot gets fixed? 

He looked healthier last game, and therefore it could happen.

Most definitely along with his new found defensive skills

37 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

You should be pointing this out to Cleeter, not me. lol

haha whoa now gents. i, along with the rest of the Cleeter family, do not condone nor want to be associated with Kentucky in any form. Our motto is "you can pick and root for any team you want but it CANNOT be UK"

There is also a disclaimer in there saying that if you chose Purdue, you may or may not be ridiculed forever and you will not have a Christmas or birthday that you will probably be happy about haha

Edited by cleeter

40 minutes ago, cleeter said:

haha whoa now gents. i, along with the rest of the Cleeter family, do not condone nor want to be associated with Kentucky in any form. Our motto is "you can pick and root for any team you want but it CANNOT be UK"

There is also a disclaimer in there saying that if you chose Purdue, you may or may not be ridiculed forever and you will not have a Christmas or birthday that you will probably be happy about haha

Love it

6 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

To me that is not a good sign for his future at IU.

I think a lot has to do with Clifton . Would he now red shirt if that's what Archie required, or would he be happy replacing the legendary Priller ? I agree it doesn't bode well for his future given his results so far . But he did block a couple shots and seems mostly engaged on the bench that I've seen .