Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierAloha

Woodworking Thread

12 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Up front clarification that I did not build this but for those who have the skills and are looking for a pretty neat idea for their kids or grandkids....................

Image may contain: people sitting and outdoor, text that says 'DIKON X6'

I saw that floating around Facebook recently. Pretty cool idea. 

24 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Dang Natty, I need to step it up. I bought a Miter Saw late this summer and haven’t touched it. Also doesn’t help I’m going back to school full time lol, but still need to find time to make a few things.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

School does that to you!  I haven't built anything for about a year.  I can't wait to finish up and get my own wood shop or have access to one, again.

It's isn't really wood work but made something for a friend's bday. Gross part is that he's a UK fan. First time I have ever actually done anything like this. But I am going to let him know that I had to wear gloves because I don't like handling sh!t.

20211116_073057.jpg

8 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It's isn't really wood work but made something for a friend's bday. Gross part is that he's a UK fan. First time I have ever actually done anything like this. But I am going to let him know that I had to wear gloves because I don't like handling sh!t.

20211116_073057.jpg

I would've claimed a religious exemption.

Pivoting from woodworking a bit. Anyone do any 3D design/printing? Got really into it over the summer then had a pretty nasty clog and haven't got it back up and running for a while. Anyway, got super into building sports stadiums from the ground up and printing them. I've built/printed all B1G football stadiums, including the new P12 teams coming in, a few NFL stadiums, and Assembly Hall, obviously.

IMG_0305.jpgIMG_0304.jpg

I have a Prusa Mini.  Have had it for 3-4 years.  It's a frustratingly fun hobby and a nice way to build out a skill set.  I've made a bunch of different stuff, ornaments, a speed loader for my 9mm, sport signs, battery trays, a lot of woodworking related tools, hose adapters, Xmas/halloween decorations, etc.  Sometimes functional things...a leg broke on the fan stand of an Xmas blow-up display, printed a replacement one, cup holders for our chairs around the fire pit.  The use is limitless.

41 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

The use is limitless.

This right here. It’s honestly overwhelming, but when you find something functional there’s nothing better. My favorite one was a set of rails that I adhered to the bottom of my cup cabinet shelves that holds Yeti lids. My wife’s mind was blown.