Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierAloha

Woodworking Thread

5 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Definitely the right choice. What did you make the barn doors out of?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Thx. I tend to agree. The doors are stained plywood and accents are simple plain trim from HD. 

Thoughts on the type of wood to build the shelves?  Wife wants it painted white so it's not dark, so no need to get super fancy wood. Was thinking something simplistic like pine. Open to suggestions. 

Thx. I tend to agree. The doors are stained plywood and accents are simple plain trim from HD. 
Thoughts on the type of wood to build the shelves?  Wife wants it painted white so it's not dark, so no need to get super fancy wood. Was thinking something simplistic like pine. Open to suggestions. 

If you’re painting I’d go with cheapest wood. You could even do mdf and then paint. MDF would be a bit heavier though. I agree about a light color so you don’t create a “dark hole” in that area.

11 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

If you’re painting I’d go with cheapest wood. You could even do mdf and then paint. MDF would be a bit heavier though. I agree about a light color so you don’t create a “dark hole” in that area.

Considered MDF, but that stuff is stupid heavy.  Hard for one man to move a 4'x8' sheet.  I'll probably go pine.  I'll need like 25' of it between the vertical and horizontal. 

Anyone ever work with epoxy resin?  I bought a gallon kit and decided to teach myself. We have older laminate counter tops and thought I might try to update them with epoxy. You can do a lot of cool projects with it. Looking for tips, suggestions, stories, etc. 

On 12/15/2019 at 10:03 AM, Naturalhoosier said:

I need to build the shelving system for the top but it's out of my basement now!!  They are repurposed kitchen cabinets. 

1903D479-277C-48B7-97E6-0D15564E9D04.jpeg

Where did you find the hardware for the doors? Thinking of doing a project in my basement and wanting to make a sliding door system like that. 

Built my first quarantine project.  Had some scrap ply laying about. Functional and was able to declutter my bench a bit. 

A4C8815F-F812-40F2-BCAB-D5FFCEB4DF30.thumb.jpeg.c67459a2843c04f8dd661551f65b1fd7.jpeg

These are so underrated. I built one in the garage a few years back. It’s much easier reaching up to grab the drill than wondering where you left it.