Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ElectricBoogaloo

Game Thread : Illinois @ Indiana | 8:30EST on BTN

I just came here to say "I hate Illinois", not just in basketball, but in everything. I usually pull for B1G schools in general in the non-con and bowl games, NCAA tourney, etc. Not Illinois.  

I hope they lose every game, in everything-forever. I hope their dogs mess on their carpet and that the entire University system gets an itchy, scaly rash that won't go away. I hope Lou Henson, wherever he is, spills prune-juice on his new carpet. I hope Nick Anderson cracks a molar and can't get in to see a dentist for 3 days. I hope Lovie Smith accidently puts diesel in his school provided car and ruins the engine. 

To be clear, I don't really "like" any other B1G schools, but Illinois is just the worst. I detest them, like cockroaches. You can't blame them that they are disease spreading vermin, but you can squash them with contempt.

Ahhhh, that feels better, thank you for letting me rant.  

I don't get how a team like Gonzaga always ends up so highly seeded. They play a bunch of bullcrap teams in their bullcrap conference. The only other ranked team they play in conference usually is St Mary's which has, again, only beat up on bullcrap teams. Gonzaga did beat Ohio State earlier in the year (November) but the total resume is not any better than what Nebraska has done.
St Mary's will be an NCAA team (projected 8 seed that I've seen) and the only ranked opponent they've beaten is... Gonzaga.

Ap rankings mean nothing when it come to teams resumes if u compared Nebraska resume to Gonzaga it’s really not close in my opinion
Gonzaga Nebraska
4-2 Quad 1 0-6
2-2. Quad2. 4-2
37 Rpi. 51
131(non con 120) Sos. 93 (255 non con)
With the committees reveal of top 16 they showed that those quad 1 wins are very important and right now Nebraska doesn’t have any. The 1 point loss to Kansas early in the year might cost them a bid this year. A win in November means just the same as a win in February. Just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

21 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Ap rankings mean nothing when it come to teams resumes if u compared Nebraska resume to Gonzaga it’s really not close in my opinion
Gonzaga Nebraska
4-2 Quad 1 0-6
2-2. Quad2. 4-2
37 Rpi. 51
131(non con 120) Sos. 93 (255 non con)
With the committees reveal of top 16 they showed that those quad 1 wins are very important and right now Nebraska doesn’t have any. The 1 point loss to Kansas early in the year might cost them a bid this year. A win in November means just the same as a win in February. Just my opinion

Is there a site that shows the quad 1 wins? The only ones I saw from Gonzaga's schedule would be OSU and St Mary's - which, as you said is still better than Nebraska's 0-6.

Is there a site that shows the quad 1 wins? The only ones I saw from Gonzaga's schedule would be OSU and St Mary's - which, as you said is still better than Nebraska's 0-6.

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2018/schedule/GonzagaWashington and Creighton would be the other quad 1 wins

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2018/team-sheet?team=Gonzaga

I really wish we could have swept Illinois this year. Then we'd have a 6-game lead in the all-time series. Instead, it's 91-87. It was  hilarious a few years ago when it was tied and we only played at their place. The thought of saying they had a winning record against IU spun up all sorts of delusions of grandeur on Illinois boards. Then we won that game in front of the largest crowd they'd ever had for a home game along with the next three, and now they have to wait a few more years to finally pass us (hopefully a lot longer than that).

I only know our record against Illinois because it's so close, along with Purdue, because their fans make sure to somehow include it in their everyday vocabulary.

I'm not a fan of Nebraska, because I think their coach is a clown. Hopefully we leave no doubt and beat them at their place. I agree with USPS that they're not in. It seems like the big ten and SEC have swap this year. Big Ten is very Top heavy and the SEC is stronger top to bottom this year.

11 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Even if we won those 2 games IU would be in the same position as Nebraska is right now, a really good B1G record with 0 quadrant 1 wins (IU is 0-8). Beating Illinois and Wisky would of been just 2 more quadrant 3 wins. Now if IU would of won those 2 and they find a way to win the 2 quadrant 1 wins that are left on schedule then it could of gotten interesting

The one thing I dislike about the quadrant system: when we played ND they were quad 1 and then fell out do to a larger part - injury. I guess that would hold to how it was done before, but it's really highlighted with the new system.

This IU team is playing so much better on the defense end and I really don't think there are that many teams a lot better than us right now.

I'm just happy with our improvement.

19 minutes ago, JimBobJimmyBob said:

Photo of the "crowd" retweeted by ChronicHoosier.  This is f!@#ing pathetic by the students.

DWCiYl_VoAApD3K.jpg

Give them a good product and they will come.  Our last deep tourney run was 16 years ago.  Most of the students were still in diapers or close to it.

39 minutes ago, Ranger78 said:

I'm not a fan of Nebraska, because I think their coach is a clown. Hopefully we leave no doubt and beat them at their place. I agree with USPS that they're not in. It seems like the big ten and SEC have swap this year. Big Ten is very Top heavy and the SEC is stronger top to bottom this year.

I think there has only been one 11 win B1G team to ever miss out and never a 12 win team.  USPS may be right but I'll fall down if a 14-4 B1G team ever misses out.

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I think there has only been one 11 win B1G team to ever miss out and never a 12 win team.  USPS may be right but I'll fall down if a 14-4 B1G team ever misses out.

I think it all depends on how they finish and how they do in the BTT. If they finish strong (win out) and win a solid BTT game, they should be in. Their overall resume is not solid right now. They haven't won any significant games.

1 minute ago, Ranger78 said:

I think it all depends on how they finish and how they do in the BTT. If they finish strong (win out) and win a solid BTT game, they should be in. Their overall resume is not solid right now. They haven't won any significant games.

I'm just saying if you go over .500 on the road in conference and undefeated at home you likely deserve a bid.  I don't care if the B1G is down.  That's not easy as we all should know.  We lost at freaking Illinois and Wisconsin.