Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ElectricBoogaloo

Game Thread : Illinois @ Indiana | 8:30EST on BTN

7 hours ago, rcsalway29 said:

Win the B1G tournament

Yes, which is a tall order. The losses @wisky and @ill really hurt. We could be sitting at 17-10 and 10-5 in conference. At the end of the day I really like how this team has come along and we just may make some noise in the BIG ten tournament for once. 

Yes, which is a tall order. The losses @wisky and @ill really hurt. We could be sitting at 17-10 and 10-5 in conference. At the end of the day I really like how this team has come along and we just may make some noise in the BIG ten tournament for once. 

Even if we won those 2 games IU would be in the same position as Nebraska is right now, a really good B1G record with 0 quadrant 1 wins (IU is 0-8). Beating Illinois and Wisky would of been just 2 more quadrant 3 wins. Now if IU would of won those 2 and they find a way to win the 2 quadrant 1 wins that are left on schedule then it could of gotten interesting

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

12 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Even if we won those 2 games IU would be in the same position as Nebraska is right now, a really good B1G record with 0 quadrant 1 wins (IU is 0-8). Beating Illinois and Wisky would of been just 2 more quadrant 3 wins. Now if IU would of won those 2 and they find a way to win the 2 quadrant 1 wins that are left on schedule then it could of gotten interesting

There is no way a 13-5 B1G team gets left out.  None.

I feel good about that win. I'm not looking forward to playing Underwood in the future if he also gets longer athletes that play defense with that same intensity. Their big defense is whatever but that rotation of guards does create havoc. Now last night, also some very dumb lazy passes. I'm glad Archie yanked Green. Newkirk was handling the pressure much better down the stretch.

And I LOVE that for Durham. That kid needed THAT game. One where u could say he sealed the game for IU in the final minutes.

Another big game coming up for IU and the NIT. Hate to say that but I'll root my arse off for these guys in the Not Invited Tourney for respectable scrubs. They could make some serious noise with the current defense. Get a good seed and make a run, giving our freshman and Archie more time together.

Another serviceable game for Mcswain. I'm also on that small boat that kind of wishes he was around 1 more year to spell Morgan and bruise people up. I don't think I've seen one big push him around except Haas and Ward. He's certainly "thriving" in this system.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app

Is Green ok?

Everyone is mentioning that he was pulled for Newkirk and that didn't seem to be the case to me at all, I still think Green played a MUCH MUCH better game than Newkirk. Newkirk hit a few tough shots down the stretch but his ball handling and passing is still very weak. Green tried to make some plays and guys AGAIN can't catch the ball, not in perfect spots but not horrible passes either (ala the 2 Juwan Morgan passes).

Green hurt his ankle and that was when he got pulled from the game and I don't think ever came back in, I am not thinking Archie played Newkirk over him by choice. Any info out there?

Well, we turned it over way too much and still won.  Some of those passes we attempted so insanely stupid.  I've seen enough missed free throws to last a lifetime.

Illinois had a rabbit's foot hidden somewhere considering some of the crap they got to fall.  Frazier got one to fall despite not even looking at the basket until he was well in the process of throwing it up.

I think we can make some noise in the Big tournament but I think a team like Michigan who shoots well and spreads you out would be a worse matchup than some of the heavy hitters. Beating OSU at home would be a good confidence builder but I’m not sure we will win at Iowa with sloppy guard play. 

I think we can make some noise in the Big tournament but I think a team like Michigan who shoots well and spreads you out would be a worse matchup than some of the heavy hitters. Beating OSU at home would be a good confidence builder but I’m not sure we will win at Iowa with sloppy guard play. 

I'm not as concerned about Michigan because of McSwain/Morgan at the 5 instead of Davis. I think we'd do better corralling their guards on the perimeter this time.

I'm really looking forward to see how we do against Neb. Morgan and McBob are going to have to shutdown Roby and Palmer while Johnson or Green locks up Watson. It's nice to be able to at least think our defense is capable of limiting a team. Haven't been able to think that way for many moons.

Gotta win in Iowa City first though. They're having a bad year and will want to get a win over us.

2 hours ago, bleedhoosier said:

Another serviceable game for Mcswain. I'm also on that small boat that kind of wishes he was around 1 more year to spell Morgan and bruise people up. I don't think I've seen one big push him around except Haas and Ward. He's certainly "thriving" in this system.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app

If he was a couple inches taller he could be a poor-man's Ben Wallace.