Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

lucel15

New US Soccer President?

FYI. Several have people have put in bids for soccer president. I believe right now it stands at Eric Wynalda, Landon Donovan(mulling decision), and Steve Gans.... Along with Sunil Gulati. Gans and Wynalda made pitches and case the other day. 

The official slate of candidates to stand for election as President of the U.S. Soccer Federation has been confirmed today by the Nominating and Governance Committee of U.S. Soccer.

The election will take place during U.S. Soccer’s National Council Meeting on Feb. 10 in Orlando.

Paul Caligiuri
Kathy Carter
Carlos Cordeiro
Steve Gans
Kyle Martino
Hope Solo
Michael Winograd
Eric Wynalda

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2017/12/20/16/12/20171220-news-official-slate-of-candidates-confirmed-for-2018-us-soccer-presidential-election

My take on this. I don’t like business in a federation sport. For owning a professional team yes...etc....however for a federation especially like the US who isn’t known for soccer I think a former player should be in charge. We don’t need a lifelong fan of the game...like Carlos as he says on his website. The US needs someone who understand development of the youth in the country.  I don’t like the vote but will respect it.