Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Game Thread : Minnesota @ Indiana | 7:30EST on FS1

Haven't read through all the comments (siap) but the gauntlet of games (7) from MSU to Rutgers didn't beat this team down it appears to have built them up. What a tremendous job by the staff and players tonight. Keep it going Hoosiers and win the last 4 regular season games. Toughness - I love it!

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Imagine what Archie could've done with last year's team. 

Only thing is that I don’t think him and Thomas Bryant would have gotten along in my honest opinion. I don’t think Archie likes players who complain to the refs or celebrate after a basketball and don’t get back on defense. Thomas did those things often. Also could you imagine Blackmon never getting off the bench because he would have been in the dog house a lot. Other than that Thomas would have thrived in the Archie’s system though. If Blackmon would of played defense he would also. 

First I had to clarify that it was Donny Marshall and not Donyell Marshall, both of whom played at UConn.
Donny Marshall's wiki currently reads:
"Donny Marshall (born July 16, 1972) is an American retired professional basketball player who played six seasons in the National Basketball Association (NBA) for the Cleveland Cavaliers and New Jersey Nets. He is currently an awful college basketball television analyst."
"Donny currently is an NCAA basketball television analyst for FOX Sports. Also providing analysis for WestwoodOne national radio broadcasts during the men’s NCAA championship basketball tournament each spring since 2014. He stated he hates the candy stripe pants at Assembly Hall. He has permanently been banned by the IU fan base."
Get it while it lasts boys. 

Classic! Well done!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

28 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

Only thing is that I don’t think him and Thomas Bryant would have gotten along in my honest opinion. I don’t think Archie likes players who complain to the refs or celebrate after a basketball and don’t get back on defense. Thomas did those things often. Also could you imagine Blackmon never getting off the bench because he would have been in the dog house a lot. Other than that Thomas would have thrived in the Archie’s system though. If Blackmon would of played defense he would also. 

Or Archie would have put an end to Bryant's whining on Day 1, and hopefully would have taught James how to play better defense.

Got to go at the last min.  Good to see a blowout.  Pretty good game with some highlights and some misses.   

Ran into Pitino before game and road elevator with him after.  He was beaten up - tough game for their staff.  And Priller got a board and a free throw.  Life is complete.  

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

This team is improving. I like what I see, even against a beat up Minny team. There are opportunities left in the schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If we can win out and make the big ten championship game we might get a pity invite to the tourney

Great game hoosiers. DG was fantastic on offense. But I cant believe how laterally quick he is on defense. I can't wait to see him develop even more in CAM system. Plus the game should continue to slow down for him. On a sidenote, can you imagine OG with this defense right now?

Edited by gfeltner28

Great game hoosiers. DG was fantastic on offense. But I cant believe how laterally quick he is on defense. I can't wait to see him develop even more in CAM system. Plus the game should continue to slow down for him. On a sidenote, can you imagine OG with this defense right now?

Good point. O.G. would have thrived in this system.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Devonte has played really well recently. The way we thought he’d play all year. If he continues this play, I’d be more than fine with him starting alongside Romeo next season. And to Archie, one can already tell that his teams are gonna excel towards the end of a season. Very much different than the last coach’s teams

That game was fun as hell to watch. Green’s best game as a Hoosier, he’s peaking at the right time. 

As others have said, we can really make some noise at the end of our schedule. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us win out in the regular season and make some noise in the BIG tourney. If we get a favorable draw...well a guy can dream. A low odds tourney bid would be amazing for how this year has gone.

8 hours ago, Magnanimous said:

First I had to clarify that it was Donny Marshall and not Donyell Marshall, both of whom played at UConn.

Donny Marshall's wiki currently reads:

"Donny Marshall (born July 16, 1972) is an American retired professional basketball player who played six seasons in the National Basketball Association (NBA) for the Cleveland Cavaliers and New Jersey Nets. He is currently an awful college basketball television analyst."

"Donny currently is an NCAA basketball television analyst for FOX Sports. Also providing analysis for WestwoodOne national radio broadcasts during the men’s NCAA championship basketball tournament each spring since 2014. He stated he hates the candy stripe pants at Assembly Hall. He has permanently been banned by the IU fan base."

Get it while it lasts boys. 

This just in: 'He was caught at "Night Moves" after calling the IU vs Minnesota game in the bathroom, sitting while he pee'd.'

26 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Devonte playing like this just changes the entire dynamic of the team. He can be really good defensively, but he adds a creative element offensively that has sorely been lacking. He can create offense for teammates and himself, which is something Newkirk and RoJo can’t really do. Hopefully this is the “new Devonte” for good, because it makes us so much better. 

He truly does. And that’s why I thought IU would be pretty good. Devonte was gonna have a breakout year. Took a little longer than we all hoped it would. But I think he’s here to stay now. With this Devonte, IU can win out. It’s that simple