Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) SG Colson Montgomery

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Southridge lost to the #1 Class A Barr-Reeve Vikings in the Baird Winter Classic championship game, 60-55.  Montgomery had a game high 26 pts. (another source had him with 23)

He is an absolute stud ....I didn’t think their team would be able to hang with barr Reeve ....he had one other kid on his team , a senior , that was pretty tough that I liked but past that they weren’t super deep

There was much cause for celebration Tuesday night for the Southridge boys basketball team. Not only did the Raiders (6-6) move back to .500 with a 53-50 win against the Princeton Tigers, but junior guard Colson Montgomery became Southridge's all-time leading scorer. Montgomery finished with 21 points, which puts him at 1,270 points for his career. The old record was held by 2003 graduate Reid Siskel, who finished with 1,263 points.

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

There was much cause for celebration Tuesday night for the Southridge boys basketball team. Not only did the Raiders (6-6) move back to .500 with a 53-50 win against the Princeton Tigers, but junior guard Colson Montgomery became Southridge's all-time leading scorer. Montgomery finished with 21 points, which puts him at 1,270 points for his career. The old record was held by 2003 graduate Reid Siskel, who finished with 1,263 points.

Only midway through the junior campaign no less

Southridge 55, Tecumseh 39: The Raiders (7-6, 2-0) climbed above .500 on Friday night with their second consecutive win. They took down Pocket Athletic Conference rival Tecumseh on the road. Southridge nailed five shots from downtown. Four of them came from junior Colson Montgomery, who led the way with 24 points.

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Montgomery announced tonight he's going to play baseball for IU.   

Have you heard anything about the commitment ? He made it abundantly clear he wanted to be a two sport athlete so that’s an interesting commitment especially to turn down his other offers ...think he got any consideration for b-ball ?

10 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Have you heard anything about the commitment ? He made it abundantly clear he wanted to be a two sport athlete so that’s an interesting commitment especially to turn down his other offers ...think he got any consideration for b-ball ?

I have no insider information, but doubt he plays anything in college and is selected very early in the MLB draft out of high school.  I would love to see him at IU though!

1 hour ago, InArchWeTrust said:

I have no insider information, but doubt he plays anything in college and is selected very early in the MLB draft out of high school.  I would love to see him at IU though!

Blessed to have that many options but I can see where it would be a tough decision ...by all accounts seems like a great young man 

2 hours ago, InArchWeTrust said:

Pretty good chance he will be at IU, that's what I'm told as of now.