Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) SG Colson Montgomery

Not picking up that there's any real IU interest but I'll try to keep you updated anyway since he does have his own thread.

Castle 54, Southridge 44: The Raiders (0-1) dropped their first game of the year on Saturday at the University of Southern Indiana. However, junior Colson Montgomery needed 12 points — and got 16 — to eclipse the 1,000 point total in his career. His 16 points were a team-high. 

The Southridge boys basketball team didn’t pick up the win Friday night, but you can’t say they didn’t give it all they had. Down as much as 19 at one point, the Raiders (1-2) fought back to make it a three-point game in the final seconds, but couldn’t get the final shots as they fell in their home opener at Huntingburg Memorial Gymnasium to the Washington Hatchets, 48-42.

Colson Montgomery had 21 points.

Colson Montgomery broke his own record Friday night.

The Southridge junior scored 41 points to set a new boys basketball school record, besting his 39-point performance from Jan. 22, 2018 when he was a freshman against Perry Central. He had 22 points at halftime. He made six 3-pointers and was 15-of-16 at the free throw line. His performance led the way to the Raiders (2-4) snapping a three-game losing streak, 88-59, at Huntingburg Memorial Gymnasium.

“I was trying to play aggressive, but I was trying to get to my teammates open, too, because all eyes are on me,” Montgomery said.  Raiders coach Mark Rohrer said the team challenged Montgomery, and that he challenged himself. Rohrer backed up with Montgomery said about playing aggressively and taking what the defense gave him.  “I thought it was his mindset all week in practice of just being ultra-focused, unbelievable leadership and then the points just kind of came,” Rohrer said.

On 12/2/2019 at 10:15 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Not picking up that there's any real IU interest but I'll try to keep you updated anyway since he does have his own thread.

Castle 54, Southridge 44: The Raiders (0-1) dropped their first game of the year on Saturday at the University of Southern Indiana. However, junior Colson Montgomery needed 12 points — and got 16 — to eclipse the 1,000 point total in his career. His 16 points were a team-high. 

Saw him play for the first time last night ...hadn’t heard of him previously ...I was impressed 

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.  Did IU/Butler/NotreDame just post in something other than that Brown kid's thread?  :farting_smiley:

Lol ! I know I know ....I suppose I deserve that.  Before you get too proud of me though....I saw the Montgomery kid and learned of his existence because I made the 3 hour drive to north Daviess to watch Blackford.  But I was impressed enough to start researching the kid.

Not sure if hopf is eligible yet for barr Reeve but are you planning to catch the end of that tournament ? Hopf brown and Montgomery make it a bargain  ticket ...thanks for posting the game summaries as they are hard to come by as far north as I am.  I’ll be interested in following his last two years.

10 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Not sure if hopf is eligible yet for barr Reeve but are you planning to catch the end of that tournament ? Hopf brown and Montgomery make it a bargain  ticket ...thanks for posting the game summaries as they are hard to come by as far north as I am.  I’ll be interested in following his last two years.

Hopf will not play this season unless a judge rules otherwise.  IHSAA has ruled and I believe the Hopfs have exhausted their  IHSAA avenues of appeal.  See page 5 of Hopf's thread for the details of his situation.

PS:  See how easy it is to post in other threads besides that Luke Whatshisname's thread?

57 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Hopf will not play this season unless a judge rules otherwise.  IHSAA has ruled and I believe the Hopfs have exhausted their  IHSAA avenues of appeal.  See page 5 of Hopf's thread for the details of his situation.

PS:  See how easy it is to post in other threads besides that Luke Whatshisname's thread?

Lol ....yeah that one kid I almost forgot about him .....yeah one pleasant side effect of following Blackford is I get exposed to other talented hard working kids that are easy to root for ....Montgomery looks to be one ....merry Xmas !

59 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Blackfords transfer from jay county is in the same process 

HUNTINGBURG — The Southridge Raiders continued their tournament season hot streak Saturday morning as they defeated the Christian Academy Warriors, 53-42. The Raiders overcame a slow first half and scored 21 points in the fourth quarter to finally put away the Warriors. Junior guard Colson Montgomery led the way with 20 points and seven rebounds.

The Raiders will play the Barr-Reeve Vikings in the championship game at 8 p.m. The Vikings defeated the Linton-Stockton Miners 49-44 in the second game of the tournament's morning session.

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

HUNTINGBURG — The Southridge Raiders continued their tournament season hot streak Saturday morning as they defeated the Christian Academy Warriors, 53-42. The Raiders overcame a slow first half and scored 21 points in the fourth quarter to finally put away the Warriors. Junior guard Colson Montgomery led the way with 20 points and seven rebounds.

The Raiders will play the Barr-Reeve Vikings in the championship game at 8 p.m. The Vikings defeated the Linton-Stockton Miners 49-44 in the second game of the tournament's morning session.

I have a new found respect for southern basketball ...so fundamentally sound and oriented.  Effort is expected.  I loved it.  Linton must be for real if they stayed that close to Barr Reeve

I have a new found respect for southern basketball ...so fundamentally sound and oriented.  Effort is expected.  I loved it.  Linton must be for real if they stayed that close to Barr Reeve

For as small as Linton is, they're good in every sport.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app