Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KDB

(2019) PG DJ Carton to Ohio State

2 hours ago, Red1 said:

I'm wondering about Clifton Moore. Will or is he developing into a kid with useable minutes or no?

I think Archie will give him his opportunity this year, almost has to. Archie and Clifton have to be on the same page or I think Clifton would have left after the season. Hoping to see some really good things out of him.

I think Archie will give him his opportunity this year, almost has to. Archie and Clifton have to be on the same page or I think Clifton would have left after the season. Hoping to see some really good things out of him.

Hoping for a Jeff Newton type out of him

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 7/16/2018 at 12:20 PM, Brass Cannon said:

If you are right you get so much bragging rights. I’m hoping you are right. 

I'm not interested in bragging rights.  Especially here.  Heck, if I wanted those, there are several folks on another board to whom I could gloat about any number of things.  Those were the guys who were convinced Tijan Jobe was a difference maker, Mike Davis was just fine, Verdell Jones was an exceptional college player, Guy Marc Michele was a diamond in the rough, Jeremey Hollowell worked hard, Bawa Muniru would be an all Big Ten player, Mike White ("Kong" as some called him) would dominate the Big Ten; and that Tom Crean was a great recruiter.   If you (and I did) dared vehemently disagreed with any of that, you got attacked and perhaps your personal information given out by a moderator with an ego the size of William Howard Taft and a self image that rivals that of any Kardashian.    I digress.

The great thing about this board is there's not a lot of BS hype and people believing their own hot air and that wearing cream and crimson automatically makes you great.  

RP has been undersold for years.  If DeVonta Green has indeed been off the charts and can bring that to the floor next season, nobody will be happier than me because I have nothing against that kid other than some of his decision making in the past.  But...he's not going that way.  His development and improvement will do nothing but help the team.   In RP, I see a kid who averaged 30 PPG at the 4A level this past season, whose athleticism is getting better and better; who is a facilitator, a defender, and smart as hell while being explosive when he needs to be.  Even above and on other pages I see a lot of "wow, he is more _______ than I thought!"  I've always seen it and I can't put a finger on why some of his skills have been overlooked and why he's been under-sold; but I would bet a lot of money that he'll be an All Big Ten player before it's over; and I think he will play a significant role from Day 1.   If not, I'll have some crow to eat; but I'm standing by every word I've said about the kid.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:59 AM, Chris007 said:

Hunter has been better than expected, Romeo works extremely hard, Forrester is a little more athletic than we thought. One thing that everyone says is these guys live in the gym. Nothing to do for 18-year-olds in the summer in Bloomington so they spend a lot of time in the gym.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:07 AM, Chris007 said:

To answer your other question. Green has been off the charts this summer, Smith very good, Durham shot has improved, Race shows signs of helping. Morgan has been Morgan. That's all I have off of the top of my head. 

My expectations just blew by unrealistic and are fast approaching ridiculous. Next stop: a face tattoo of "IU undefeated champs 2019"

1 minute ago, Hardwood83 said:

My expectations just blew by unrealistic and are fast approaching ridiculous. Next stop: a face tattoo of "IU undefeated champs 2019"

If you get the tatoo, I'm pretty sure we won't and can't be stopped. Make sure to post pics

19 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

I would think he is still another year away.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Was really wondering. Read plenty of updates on all the other kids, but rarely hear his name mentioned as to his progress.

18 hours ago, ebridges24 said:

I am as well. especially if he can spread on offense and be productive on defense. Change some shots etc..

58 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

On the subject i promised the basketball gods i would get an IU tattoo when we won our next NC. 

I will add banners under it if we get a 7th then add a banner if we win more 

Hopefully you're all tatted up in Cream and Crimson before long.

17 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

On the subject i promised the basketball gods i would get an IU tattoo when we won our next NC. 

I will add banners under it if we get a 7th then add a banner if we win more 

I'm not an "ink" kind of guy, but I would contribute $$ towards getting you the biggest tat you want to celebrate a NC! 

6 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

I'm not an "ink" kind of guy, but I would contribute $$ towards getting you the biggest tat you want to celebrate a NC! 

Wont need contributions for the tats. 

Now i might be trying to write a book on IU here soon and will be accepting donations to fund that lol. 

I have always wanted to see IU play in all the big ten arenas. Thinking i will try and do 3 or 4 a year. I want to write a book about that. My experiences going to the game whats going on in the big ten at the current moment etc etc. 

While it will be directly about IU will also be about the big ten as a whole. 

48 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

While it will be directly about IU will also be about the big ten as a whole. 

Meanwhile in Kentucky someone is writing about UK and the SEC as a HOLE.