Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KDB

(2019) PG DJ Carton to Ohio State

39 minutes ago, KDB said:

DJ Carton, a 2019 4 star PG who just moved up 83 spots to #38 in the 247Sports 2019 Player Rankings has scheduled a visit to Indiana for the IU-Purdue game on the 27th.

Here are some quotes about IU from Carton in a new Rabjohns piece.

• “They said I’m one of their top priorities and top targets”
  • “I’m glad we are able to get there for a good game. It should be fun in Assembly Hall. We’ll be down there this weekend. Me and my family, we can’t wait to be there.”
  • “They think I have the qualities to be a point guard at the next level. They think I fit well in their style by the way I play, how I can speed up and slow down, my smarts for the game, how I’m always looking to get other players involved but yet I can score if I need to,”
  • “I know Indiana has a rich tradition, full of point guards. It’s an honor just to have them want me to be a part of their program.”

Here is a link to his 247Sports player profile: https://247sports.com/Player/DJ-Carton-46040438

Kid seems to get it. I like that.

Nah perfect game for him to come to. Recruits are not emotionally invested (like fans)into the outcome of games of teams with players that will be gone by the time they would potentially be on campus. I’m guessing Zeller watched many IU losses on unofficials the year before he chose IU

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Agreed. Low risk, high reward situation. If we lose is likely no skin off his nose; he's there to feel the atmosphere and watch Archie and staff. He already knows we aren't expected to win.

If we win it's a REALLY fun environment, drives home a positive picture in his mind, and really demonstrates what Archie is capable of getting out of his players and his scheme.

8 hours ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Agreed. Low risk, high reward situation. If we lose is likely no skin off his nose; he's there to feel the atmosphere and watch Archie and staff. He already knows we aren't expected to win.

If we win it's a REALLY fun environment, drives home a positive picture in his mind, and really demonstrates what Archie is capable of getting out of his players and his scheme.

Not to mention isn't Isaiah Stewart supposed to be in attendance as well?

Since there seems to be mutual interest with this kid, here's a sample of what he's done since the first of this year.  Carton’s Betttendorf HS school is not particularly strong as its season record is just 8-7 and 6-5 in its conference.

01.26.18:  Bettendorf defeated a winless Burlington 60 – 47.  Carton scored 33 pts. and had 8 reb.  14 of his 33 came in the 3rd Q.  

01.23.18:  Bettendorf over Davenport West 42 – 40 on a last second shot by Carton.who had 16 pts. and 6 reb.  He only shot 33% from the floor.

01.18.18:  Bettendorf defeated Clinton 53 – 24.  Carton with 17 pts.

01.12.18:  Bettendorf snapped a 6-game losing streak with a 68 – 65 OT win over Davenport Central.  Carton with 31 pts.

01.09.18:  Bettendorf lost to Davenport North  55-53 snapping a 19-game losing streak by DN to Bettendorf.  Carton scored 34.  He had a shot at the end to win the game but it rimmed out.

01.05.18:  Bettendorf lost to Davenport Assumption  56 – 52.  Carton with 27 pts.

Hmm doesnt seem like a kid thats going to ride the bench for a few years. Archie has got to be planning to use 2 PGs

I think Archie is planning to put together his fair share of talented players that mesh to win games. I wouldn't be surprised to see two points playing together. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a bigger 2 guard. We need versatility in our lineups.

Carton in the Rabjohns piece called the IU visit "special" ... 

It was a 2 day unofficial. They ate with the staff, walked around campus, talked basketball, and got to watch shoot-around to see how we prepared for games. He says, "We're definitely going up there again this spring or summer."