Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier Guy

Maryland at IU Game Thread

Good win and much needed. After Illinois we hit a our toughest stretch of 3 games, that could see us go 0-3. 

Win at Ill to get to 6-3 would be fantastic. The home game vs pu, @O$U, and hole to MSU will be tough but provide opportunities. If IU could somehow go 2-2 in the next four...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I was just thinking, how amazing was that 3 man class of Morgan, Anunoby and Bryant? Three studs, with no duds. If Crean could have done that every year he would still be here

Crean gets a 5* star center and has him play behind the arc half the time.....

As talented as that class was, as I pointed out before other threads, only one player staying beyond two years. Crean's best class was 2010, Vic and Will, and he didn't even intend for it to be.

Crean gets a 5* star center and has him play behind the arc half the time.....
As talented as that class was, as I pointed out before other threads, only one player staying beyond two years. Crean's best class was 2010, Vic and Will, and he didn't even intend for it to be.

Morgan would be playing out beyond the arc if FCTC was still here. He would not be having the year he is if there wasn't a change.

As an article pointed out in the off-season, IU will start winning close games under CAM. Now, if we could have done something about those instate cupcakes..

14 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Morgan would be playing out beyond the arc if FCTC was still here. He would not be having the year he is if there wasn't a change.

As an article pointed out in the off-season, IU will start winning close games under CAM. Now, if we could have done something about those instate cupcakes..

4-0 in games decided by 5 points or less this season. 

18 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yep. If we hadnt lost to wisconsin too i think we would be in

Agree- those are the 3 that IU SHOULD have won. Few others coulda, but those 3 hurt. Imagine 15-5/6-2? Only losses to @Seton Hall, Duke, @Louisville, @Mich & @MSU.  In this year's B1G that would be good for a bid, most likely. 

40 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

If IU doesn't lose to ipfw and isu, we are a bubble team I would think

We need to win at least 6 of our remaining conference games and I think we may get in. 

@Illinois, @Rutgers, Minnesota, Illinois , @Iowa, and @Nebraska are all winnable. 

If we win one of the tough three coming up after the @Illinois game we can afford to drop one of these and an end of the season loss to OSU. If we don't win any of those three, we'll likely need to win five of those six and also end the season beating OSU.

It's certainly doable, especially since we play a lot of weaker teams on the road and have our big games mostly at home, but obviously nothing should be taken for granted with this squad. Going 11-7 in the conference would be huge and likely garner at least a 5th place finish, but it'll be the quality win argument being held against us, especially if we don't hit 20 wins prior to the BTT. It should be an interesting stretch to wrap up the season. If we get our share of wins, the @Nebraska game may be the biggest game of the year.

You want some entertainment go to Maryland 247 website and look at their game thread comments be advised profanity is not censored.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I've long thought Turgeon was in a similar mood to Gottfried and Crean mold. He's an above average recruiter, especially with the UA connection, and an average coach.

13 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Agree- those are the 3 that IU SHOULD have won. Few others coulda, but those 3 hurt. Imagine 15-5/6-2? Only losses to @Seton Hall, Duke, @Louisville, @Mich & @MSU.  In this year's B1G that would be good for a bid, most likely. 

If, if ,if ...reminds me of every year of IU football.

1 hour ago, A.j. Nigh said:

Because neither Newkirk or Green are any better? I don’t disagree with you, but what other options does CAM have when Newkirk is in foul trouble, and Green was horrible as well?

Thats the issue. We do not have any consistent guards (although Robert has been getting better) With 4 or 5 minutes to go we could have put the game to bed and Green made mistake after mistake....Terrible bounce pass to McSwain, forcing shots etc.  Shoring up the backcourt next year by getting both RP and Romeo would be huge.