Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) SG Armaan Franklin to IU

He's really good, but this is a reach.   Did your buddy see Eric Gordon in high school?  Gary Harris?  Trey Lyles?   Zac Irvin?  Trevon Blueitt? (the best comparison, I think)  Kyle Guy?   Is he old enough to have seen Greg Oden or Cody Zeller?
Franklin's good, but best he's ever seen?   Who has he seen?  Serious question.

Eric Gordon was a MONSTAR

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

7 hours ago, Feathery said:

I had a guy tell me this week that he thought Armaan will be better than Romeo for IU. Not that he is a better player but his strengths will fit better than Romeo’s this season. 

Would love to see him come in and mirror what Al has done. Beyond that...all gravy!

Would love to see him come in and mirror what Al has done. Beyond that...all gravy!

I’d like that in every recruiting class. Obviously, you’ll need to hit on your pg and headline big but one of those guards/wings needs to be a heart, hustle, developing skill, and locker room guy. I’d like to see Anderson start to take on that spot as Al becomes an upperclassman next season.

Al, Anderson, and Armaan could benefit from going against each other over the summers and compete.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't think I've done it yet, so now is as good a time as any for me to eat crow on this recruitment. I wasn't overly impressed with what i'd seen from Armaan at the time of his commitment and felt like Purdue had gotten the better player in Newman. Obviously, his play this season has completely changed my mind. His numbers on the offensive end of the floor are much improved and lead me to believe he's the kind of guy that is willing to put in the work necessary to really elevate his game. But, more importantly (in my eyes), he seems to stuff the stat sheet. Nothing eye popping, but enough to show that he impacts the game in a variety of ways. If what i'm saying is accurate, i'm thrilled to have him and think he's the kind of guy we need to establish the culture required for Archie's system to thrive.

I really think we're going to see Armaan as dedicated as was Vic in terms of spending time in the gym working on his game.

I think you're right...he is going to really surprise a lot of people next year and have a special career. He has taken his game to another level this season and I definitely for one wasn't sold on him until I personally got to watch him a few times this year. He already has the frame to play in the B1G right away and will contribute a significant amount right away.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

33 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

I think you're right...he is going to really surprise a lot of people next year and have a special career. He has taken his game to another level this season and I definitely for one wasn't sold on him until I personally got to watch him a few times this year. He already has the frame to play in the B1G right away and will contribute a significant amount right away.

How big is he?

22 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

If Armaan is ready to contribute next year as a shooter that will add a lot to our offense. Would be a really great development.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Defending the 3 would be a plus as well.

On 2/2/2019 at 12:04 AM, Old Friend said:

If he's talking about Bill Titus, I now know why he made that comment.  Bill says a lot.  Most of it tongue planted very firmly in cheek.

I don't think it's him. Must be someone else. Mark (his son) now does a college basketball podcast. He talks about his dad on there sometimes, but I'm pretty sure they're not from Noblesville.

Sounds like he could kill it next year.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Rico said:

Cathedral gets beat.

I watched the first half and I don’t k ow what Cathedral was trying to do. Guys chucking terrible shots, missing bunnies. Armaan Franklin looked good but he didn’t touch the ball except for about every fourth possession. I assume the 2nd half was more of the same.