Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) SG Armaan Franklin to IU

10 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

So we landed a recruit WITHOUT locker rooms. Imagine that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don't know why you're so opposed to IU improving facilities. Whenever it's brought up you mock anyone talking about it. Sorry that some people want IU to run with the big boys. 

I don't know why you're so opposed to IU improving facilities. Whenever it's brought up you mock anyone talking about it. Sorry that some people want IU to run with the big boys. 

I mock the idea that we’re losing recruits because of locker rooms and drop ceilings. Pro-improvements.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't think he is opposed to improvements. I do think he doesnt believe those that think those improvements or lack of really weighs on a recruits mind and his decision.

I feel the same way

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Fun fact, Armaan's Cathedral squad is set to face Zionsville in the Forum Tipoff Classic, Zionsville is led by purdue commit Isaiah Thompson, the younger brother of purdue grad PJ Thompson.  

I believe this is the 6:30 tip, leading to the TJD v. Keion game at 8:30.  I may have to make my way back up, it should be a great day of hoops!

I mock the idea that we’re losing recruits because of locker rooms and drop ceilings. Pro-improvements.

Nobody said we were losing recruits to drop ceilings. Secondly, it’s been stated that it’s an overall PACKAGE, education, facilities, coaches, fans, history etc. the facilities part was lacking and it was hurting the overall package we had to offer. If it wasn’t, then why waste the money? Why would IU demo a functioning locker room for a better one? Maybe because it helps the overall package and they understand that.

Nobody said we were losing recruits to drop ceilings. Secondly, it’s been stated that it’s an overall PACKAGE, education, facilities, coaches, fans, history etc. the facilities part was lacking and it was hurting the overall package we had to offer. If it wasn’t, then why waste the money? Why would IU demo a functioning locker room for a better one? Maybe because it helps the overall package and they understand that.

I understand that as well. Previously, individuals were over emphasizing the impact of our locker rooms on the experience of recruits, especially given we have Cook Hall. It was mainly sarcastic, but everyone is allowed to take this as seriously or sarcastically as they like! As long as we all agree that we’ll never land another 5 star as long as drop ceilings exist on this campus.

I understand that as well. Previously, individuals were over emphasizing the impact of our locker rooms on the experience of recruits, especially given we have Cook Hall. It was mainly sarcastic, but everyone is allowed to take this as seriously or sarcastically as they like! As long as we all agree that we’ll never land another 5 star as long as drop ceilings exist on this campus.

Cool. Maybe I haven’t grasped the points of others but my opinion and my take on others has always been that facilities do matter and updated/nice ones are part of the overall draw and if they are not on par it can only hurt.

The thing I like most out of commitment is we are really starting to get some size. I feel he can give good minutes early because of his defense. We have seen Archie has a preference to long, active defenders. Armaan is that.

8 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

The thing I like most out of commitment is we are really starting to get some size. I feel he can give good minutes early because of his defense. We have seen Archie has a preference to long, active defenders. Armaan is that.

Imagine a back court of Durham and Franklin in a year or two. 

5 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I love that he takes pride in his defense. At 6'5", long, athletic and strong frame he is going to drive some opposing guards crazy.

I think everyone is really sleeping on Phinisee. I honestly think he'll be a starter by year's end. He's a true PG through and through and does not make boneheaded mistakes we've been accustomed to seeing from our more recent "point guards." High IQ guy that can score if need be (30 ppg in HS) but his main focus is distributing/creating for others. I think many will be VERY surprised by him.

Wrong thread for this discussion.

I think everyone is really sleeping on Phinisee. I honestly think he'll be a starter by year's end. He's a true PG through and through and does not make boneheaded mistakes we've been accustomed to seeing from our more recent "point guards." High IQ guy that can score if need be (30 ppg in HS) but his main focus is distributing/creating for others. I think many will be VERY surprised by him.

Whether he will be a starter or not is irrelevant to me. I do agree he will be contributing in some very important games. It's like he is the forgotten player on this forum by a few posters when talking about guards.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

On 9/8/2018 at 8:59 AM, jbell833 said:

I for one am not sleeping on Phinsee as I believe by conference time he will be our starting PG.