Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

High School Basketball Thread

2 hours ago, Rico said:

Too many phone calls?

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Much like the character Pigpen in the Peanuts comic strip there seems to be a cloud that follows Khaliq.

Saw on an Indy Star Facebook post it sounds like he was trying to "recruit" kids to come to play there.  Outside of their football team being pretty damn good, I've not kept up in years. If they get to Terre Haute, I try to catch them play, but it's not a priority. 

6 minutes ago, pappy1865 said:

Saw on an Indy Star Facebook post it sounds like he was trying to "recruit" kids to come to play there.  Outside of their football team being pretty damn good, I've not kept up in years. If they get to Terre Haute, I try to catch them play, but it's not a priority. 

https://www.wishtv.com/sports/high-school-the-zone/ihsaa-reprimands-mooresville-boys-basketball-coach/

On 10/20/2022 at 2:34 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Annual Sneakers For Santa at Brownsburg HS on Saturday, Dec. 3.  Some really good talent will be in the gym  --  Gabe Cupps, Trent Sisley, Flory Bidunga among others. 

Sneakers For Santa on Twitter

Question for anyone who might know: Is this an event with the potential to sell out? Really trying to get over for it, but won’t know until late in the week if I can pull it off. 

18 minutes ago, Demo said:

Question for anyone who might know: Is this an event with the potential to sell out? Really trying to get over for it, but won’t know until late in the week if I can pull it off. 

Should be able to get tickets there but you can get them early if you want.    I won’t make the early games because of my sons game but I plan on going to the games that start at 4 

7 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

1A #1 Bloomfield and Terre Haute South in overtime in the Wabash Valley Classic semifinals. Been a great game. Senior big man for Bloomfield is a monster. 

They playing at North or South this year?

Linton/North in the other semifinal?

8 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

They playing at North or South this year?

Linton/North in the other semifinal?

Playing at North. South beat North* last night in the quarterfinal, Linton beat Sullivan tonight in the other semi, so Bloomfield vs Linton tomorrow night for the title. Should be a really good game. 

Embarrassing for neither of the Terre Haute schools to make the final of that tournament lol. 

edit: South beat North obviously 

Norwell had a good showing at the Noblesville Holiday Tournament.  Went 2-1.

Opened with a loss against Columbus North but bounced back with wins against Chesterton and Castle.

McBride averaged 23pts in the 3 games.

North had a really good zone defense.  Totally took our shooting out of the mix.

1 hour ago, HoosierCoop said:

Norwell had a good showing at the Noblesville Holiday Tournament.  Went 2-1.

Opened with a loss against Columbus North but bounced back with wins against Chesterton and Castle.

McBride averaged 23pts in the 3 games.

North had a really good zone defense.  Totally took our shooting out of the mix.

1-2-2 half court? 

I was very surpised to see Columbus North win that game. Scottsburg had handled CN a couple of weeks ago. Playing AT Scottsburg is never an easy, or fair task though. 

31 minutes ago, btownqb said:

1-2-2 half court? 

I was very surpised to see Columbus North win that game. Scottsburg had handled CN a couple of weeks ago. Playing AT Scottsburg is never an easy, or fair task though. 

Yeah.  Size is our biggest issue.  Our tallest is 6'3" and most of our scoring is from outside.  They definitely had a game plan, stuck to it, and survived most of our scoring runs with timely 3-point shots.

Big hoops weekend coming up in Dayton, OH.  First link is backround info.  Second link is the game schedule.  Lots of players with IU interest participating.

https://www.daytoncvb.com/blog/post/flyin-to-the-hoop-celebrates-20-years/

https://www.flyintothehoop.com/schedule

IU Offers

• '24 Rakeases Passmore - Combine Academy
  • '25 Darryn Peterson - Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy (CVCA)
  • '24 Jesse McCullouch - Lutheran East
  • '23 Gabe Cupps - Centerville

Number of other kids that we have or are looking at will also be competing.