Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

High School Basketball Thread

Hoping to see this small 70 student enrollment school win it all here in Illinois in Class 1A. Scales Mound upset Chicago powerhouse Chicago Marshall to advance to the Final Four at the State Farm Center on the U of I campus. Chicago Marshall won the the class 3A State Championship a few short years ago. That means they went from over 600 students to under 330 students in that time. Things that make you go hmmmmm.

https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2022/03/09/scales-mound-are-we-seeing-another-hoosiers-movie/

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Here's the semistate schedule for tomorrow.  I believe the only way to watch is $$ through IHSAAtv.org 

Lafayette Jefferson (Crawley Center)
1A | 21st Century – Gary (23-4) vs. Lafayette Central Catholic (19-9) | 1 pm ET / 12 pm CT    
4A | Chesterton (28-0) vs. Kokomo (20-7) | 3 pm ET / 2 pm CT  

Elkhart (North Side Gym)
2A | Central Noble (27-2) vs. Carroll (Flora) (24-1) | 4 pm ET / 3 pm CT
3A | Mishawaka Marian (23-3) vs. Leo (21-5) | 6 pm ET / 5 pm CT   

Washington (Hatchet House)
3A | Beech Grove (20-6) vs. Sullivan (25-2) | 1 pm ET / 12 pm CT     
4A | Indianapolis Cathedral (24-6) vs. Bloomington North (24-3) | 3 pm ET / 2 pm CT  

Seymour (Lloyd E. Scott Gymnasium)
1A | Jac-Cen-Del (22-5) vs. North Daviess (25-3) | 4 pm ET / 3 pm CT
2A | Eastern Hancock (22-5) vs. Providence (19-6) | 6 pm ET / 5 pm CT  

On 3/13/2022 at 11:27 AM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Connor Essegian for Central Noble is a big time bucket getter. Heading to Wisconsin.  He’ll likely be one of those 3 star kids that surprises eventually. 

Getting shutdown in the Championship game.

Just happen to see that Chesterton is playing in the 4A state title game. I grew up about 10 minutes from there, so just for the hell of if, I thought I'd see how they're doing -- getting poleaxed by Cathedral. 

So far, it looks like men against boys. Still early, though. 

Here's the list of the Indiana All-Stars.  Noteworthy is Fletcher Loyer declined the invitation to play on the all-star team.  One report I read is that his reason was that he felt someone who had played their entire high school career in Indiana should have the honor whereas he'd only spent 2 years at Homestead.  Personally, I'm disappointed that Jalen Washington of Gary West Side was selected.  He played limited minutes in '20-'21 and not a single minute this past season due to injuries yet he's named an all-star over someone who's busted their butt these past 2 seasons.  

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2022/04/04/indiana-all-stars-2022-boys-team-named-led-braden-smith-no-fletcher-loyer-declines/7215891001/