Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

High School Basketball Thread

13 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Sure... But....

Bland and boring tiny gym in Carmel < Unique and interesting gyms in small town Indiana

My high school, Westfield, was a part of the Carmel sectional. It is below ground level so you walk in at the top of the seating area. Some really good teams played in that sectional. Tipton had a team that was ranked in the top five in the state in the early to mid '60s. They lost to Noblesville that year. Later, Carmel had really good teams with the Shepard brothers eventually winning a state Championship. David Shepard spent a little time at IU and his older brother, Billy, was really good at Butler. Sorry for getting off track.

5 hours ago, cthomas said:

My high school, Westfield, was a part of the Carmel sectional. It is below ground level so you walk in at the top of the seating area. Some really good teams played in that sectional. Tipton had a team that was ranked in the top five in the state in the early to mid '60s. They lost to Noblesville that year. Later, Carmel had really good teams with the Shepard brothers eventually winning a state Championship. David Shepard spent a little time at IU and his older brother, Billy, was really good at Butler. Sorry for getting off track.

The bowls I think are neat. Very symmetrical and pleasing to the eye. That's how Valley and Orleans are around here. I think Pekin, Brownstown and Southridge are the same way. Southridge is pretty big too. I think they are like 6k to 7k or something. 

On 12/26/2021 at 6:37 PM, Alford Bailey said:

Holy cow 2A Monroe Central won the Connersville Invitational defeating 3A #1 Connersville and 4A #15 Bloomington North! 

I don't know if it's still the case, but I know Monroe Central had been known to somehow in the past to get a few players transferring in.

21 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I don't know if it's still the case, but I know Monroe Central had been known to somehow in the past to get a few players transferring in.

I always thought they got some kids out of Muncie but I don’t know for sure

6 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

I always thought they got some kids out of Muncie but I don’t know for sure

I know they use to get quite a few kids that would have been Muncie Central kids that weren't going to get minutes there(either stuck in the depth chart or were younger and could get minutes right away at Monroe Central).

I do know that Randolph County has had some really good 1 and 2A girl's basketball teams.  I'm originally from Union City and the girls team went to the 1A state finals a few years back and they were only the third best girls team in the five team county behind 2A Winchester and Monroe Central.  

I know this year Union City girls are 10-3 with victories over 4A Richmond and 3A New Castle (and two of their losses are to Winchester and Monroe Central) -- despite losing their center who averaged 17 points and 17 rebounds over the first four games;  2A #1 Winchester is 14-1 with a victory over Lawrence Central;  2A Monroe Central is 8-4.

19 hours ago, HoosierCoop said:

How about my Norwell Knights moving on to the championship game tonight in Noblesville!

Wins against Lawrence Central and Crown Point.

Keep going guys!!!!

Had a good chance at the end to tie it or take the lead but couldn't get there against a good Chesterton team.

Great tournament run Knights!

14 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

So does Bloomington South lol... tons. 

On 12/25/2021 at 4:16 AM, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

The bowls I think are neat. Very symmetrical and pleasing to the eye. That's how Valley and Orleans are around here. I think Pekin, Brownstown and Southridge are the same way. Southridge is pretty big too. I think they are like 6k to 7k or something. 

Where are you from? And you're 100% correct in this post. 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Where are you from? And you're 100% correct in this post. 

I went to Paoli. Which is definitely big for the size of school it is and for how poor of an area it is in. But it was also built in different times. It's definitely a one of a kind gym. 

21 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I went to Paoli. Which is definitely big for the size of school it is and for how poor of an area it is in. But it was also built in different times. It's definitely a one of a kind gym. 

Nice. I'm from not too far away. Superintendent down there is a great dude. 

Love the old field house/ bowls. I was fortunate enough to be around when hs basketball was still king. Was common to attend sectional at Connersville, regional at New castle followed up with semi state at Hinkle. Three great venues. Always regret no going to Anderson Wigwam before it closed.

8 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Love the old field house/ bowls. I was fortunate enough to be around when hs basketball was still king. Was common to attend sectional at Connersville, regional at New castle followed up with semi state at Hinkle. Three great venues. Always regret no going to Anderson Wigwam before it closed.

Connersville is a really cool gym. I was able to coach their last year. Lockerrooms sucked though and they play an ungodly boring brand of basketball.