Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

High School Basketball Thread

Note, there's a 2-week break before the state finals to accomodate the NCAA tournament in Indpls.
IHSAA championship matchups for Sat April 3, 2021:
4A Lawrence North vs. Carmel
3A Silver Creek vs. Leo
2A Blackhawk vs. Parke Heritage
1A Barr-Reeve vs. Kouts

Good lord. Leo has no one that can guard Kaufman. That will be tough. I imagine DJ Allen will try at 6’6”/6’7”.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't know who mentioned it, but Blackhawk is playing up a class.  They. are a single A school.  Furst gets all the pub, but the coach's son is pretty dang good...Marcus Davidson.

Hated to see Southwood fall, they were the last TRC member left.

I have been keeping an eye on Leo all year.  4 losses on the year.  3 of them pretty close, but Blackhawk beat them by 30.  They beat 4A FW Carroll, but didn't play Homestead.  Will be pulling for the Lions.  FWIW, Leo produced Jon Neuhouser.  A guy I wanted at IU, but he scored 1,500 points for Butler under Barry Collier.

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Blackhawk Christian 55

Parke Heritage  40

Never really competive. 
Furst dominates the 2nd half.   

Really looking forward to watching Gunn tonight. 1st full game of his I’ve gotten to see.

1 minute ago, Demo said:

Really looking forward to watching Gunn tonight. 1st full game of his I’ve gotten to see.

My local TV goes to Pacers. I need to find where it’s televised.  

I hope he plays better than the couple times I’ve seen him so far.  

Purdue and Michigan have killer classes coming in.  

Furst, Kaufman, Loyer is very strong. I watched Caleb Houstan play for Montverde earlier. Geez. 

My local School plays Kaufman next.  Be lucky to keep it within 15.  

3 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

My local TV goes to Pacers. I need to find where it’s televised.  

I hope he plays better than the couple times I’ve seen him so far.  

Purdue and Michigan have killer classes coming in.  

Furst, Kaufman, Loyer is very strong. I watched Caleb Houstan play for Montverde earlier. Geez. 

My local School plays Kaufman next.  Be lucky to keep it within 15.  

They had the ball and only down 1 with 20 sec to go and turned it over and didn’t get a shot.   They ended up losing by 1 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

They had the ball and only down 1 with 20 sec to go and turned it over and didn’t get a shot.   They ended up losing by 1 

Not quite right.  They had it down 3 and opted for an open 2.  That ending was ridiculous. They scored a 2 to make it a 1 point game with 4.3 left.  Silver Creek didn’t inbounds the ball as the clock doesn’t stop.  Wow.  Crushing way to lose. 

Edited by WayneFleekHoosier

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Not quite right.  They had it down 3 and opted for an open 2.  That ending was ridiculous. They scored a 2 to make it a 1 point game with 4.3 left.  Silver Creek didn’t inbounds the ball as the clock doesn’t stop.  Wow.  Crushing way to lose. 

Even before that they had the ball down 1 with 20 sec and turned it over.  Fouled.  Kid hit one FT and missed 2nd and silver creek got the ball back and they fouled again.   Kid hit 1 to make it a 3 pt game and then the stuff you mentioned happened 

13 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Even before that they had the ball down 1 with 20 sec and turned it over.  Fouled.  Kid hit one FT and missed 2nd and silver creek got the ball back and they fouled again.   Kid hit 1 to make it a 3 pt game and then the stuff you mentioned happened 

Yeah, I saw that.  Davison got ripped on the drive.  Davison had a great second half.  Kaufman didn’t have a great game at all.  Jacobi looked solid.  I thought the refs could have called more fouls on Leo when Kaufman was driving.  Refs seemed to have a slightly friendly whistle towards Leo. 

Edited by WayneFleekHoosier

Indiana All-Star series against the Kentucky All-Stars will be played on June 11 in Owensboro, Ky., and June 12 at Southport Fieldhouse. The All-Stars will play an exhibition game against the Junior All-Stars at Brownsburg on June 9. Ryan Osborn, head coach at Carmel will coach the all-stars.

1. Shamar Avance - Law. North
  2. Brooks Barnhizer - Laf. Jeff
  3. Jalen Blackmon - Marion
  4. Luke Brown - Blackford
  5. Caleb Furst - FW Blackhawk
  6. Luke Goode - Homestead
  7. Kooper Jacobi - Silver Creek
  8. Trey Kaufman-Renn - Silver Creek
  9. J. R. Konieczny - S.B. St. Joseph
  10. Blake Sisley - Heritage Hills
  11. Jayden Taylor - Perry Meridian
  12. Pierce Thomas - Brownsburg