Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PF Caleb Furst to Purdue

Blackhawk defeated Snider 76-58.  Furst finished with 16 pts. on 6-7 FG (all dunks but 1); 4-7 FT; 11 reb; 6 TO; 3 blks.  3 of his TOs were a result of Furst trying to throw cross court passes.  During the course of the broadcast, the announcers described him as 6'10" averaging 22.5 ppg and 13 rpg.

Are we a player for Furst? It would be disappointing to see him go elsewhere as he to me is the epitome of a 3-4 year guy that could contribute a lot from the start

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We are in the mix, but it appears we favor Kaufman, and it appears they want to play the same position in college.

I love Furst, I think we could find a way to play both but it’s likely we better be happy to just get 1 of them.

Seeing Furst go to MSU or Purdue would be a very sad day for me.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Class 1A Blackhawk Christian with a convincing 84-64 win over 4A Marion.  Blackhawk led by 12 at the end of the 1st Q and Marion was never able to get it back under 10.  Furst unofficially with 24 pts. on 10-12 FG; 1-1 on 3s; 3-4 FT; 13 reb; 1 asst; 2 TO; 1 stl; 2 blks.  

The more I see Furst play the more I am impressed with him.  He had a couple of really nice spin moves for buckets and a terrific reverse righthand layup - he's a natural southpaw.  He also handles the ball very well for a big man.

A name that may become more familiar over the next 2 years is Rasheed Jones '22 the Marion PG.  He's a human toothpick at 6'5" and 155 lbs. but plays very well.  He played in 27 games last season as a freshman averaging 27.8 mpg.  Per MaxPreps he's improved in every statistical category MaxPreps tracks.

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/rasheed-jones/0rSTT-gSEeiAxKkkK9HIDg/basketball/stats.htm   

Blackhawk Christian had to work hard tonight to pull out a 4th quarter 70-59 win over FW Northrop.  I had Furst with 15 pts. on 5-12 FG; 5-6 FT; 8 reb; 1 asst; 5 TO; 1blk.

Not a highlight night for Furst.  Northrop did an excellent job of keeping him from getting the ball down low and he had to settle mostly for jump shots instead of his usual layups and dunks.  Northrop's quickness was also the cause of his TOs as they simply took the ball away from him.  Next up for Blackhawk is their sectional opener against Whitko.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I screwed up again.  I deleted my post why don't you delete your response.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

no worries. I appreciate all that you bring to this board OF! love getting your updates on Indiana high school players since I live out of state and don't have a chance to follow along quite as closely. 

^^^^this all day long! . . .Class of '66 Old Fart as well as many others like mamasa & Uspshoosier bring a ton of info and it's greatly appreciated!!