Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2021 General Recruiting Thread

Although there won't be a McDonald's All-Star game this year, the list of Burger Boys was announced today.  Although a nominee, our lone '21 commit, Logan Duncomb did not make the final 24.

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/ContentGallery/McDonalds-All-American-game-roster-2021-Chet-Holmgren-Paolo-Banchero-Jaden-hardy-JD-Davison-college-basketball-recruiting-161369756/#161369756_18

23 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Although there won't be a McDonald's All-Star game this year, the list of Burger Boys was announced today.  Although a nominee, our lone '21 commit, Logan Duncomb did not make the final 24.

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/ContentGallery/McDonalds-All-American-game-roster-2021-Chet-Holmgren-Paolo-Banchero-Jaden-hardy-JD-Davison-college-basketball-recruiting-161369756/#161369756_18

The only programs with multiple McD AA's?

Kentucky (2), Duke (2), and from the B1G:

Michigan (2) and Michigan State (2).

Sigh.....

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Might as well follow all of them for while. No one is excluded.

Curious to hear from Duncomb. Wonder if someone has been in contact with him?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Dolson mentioned that he had a zoom call with Logan and his father today via zoom.

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Dolson said in his zoom call that he contacted Logan and his dad after talking to the current roster.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Dolson said he called him right after speaking to the team

I know we’re getting all into the transfer portal speculation, but aren’t there usually some HS recruits who inexplicably still haven’t committed this time of year? Has anyone heard anything about if we are kicking the tires on some ‘21 HS recruits since CMW arrived? I’m all about the portal but it might be to our advantage to try to steal away a HS recruit while every other school is focused on the portal.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

58 minutes ago, RatpigHoosier said:

I know we’re getting all into the transfer portal speculation, but aren’t there usually some HS recruits who inexplicably still haven’t committed this time of year? Has anyone heard anything about if we are kicking the tires on some ‘21 HS recruits since CMW arrived? I’m all about the portal but it might be to our advantage to try to steal away a HS recruit while every other school is focused on the portal.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Chances of coming in at the last second on a HS recruit would be tough unless it is someone we have an in with (like Fife or Hunter was already recruiting him before the coaching change).  It's always possible though, especially if a recruit doesn't like any of his current options.

Portal is more of an even playing field so seems like a more likely source of getting a player to come in.  It would be a surprise if we can pull in a highly rated hs recruit that could immediately help our team.

I think have a portal this year where no one has to sit out a year really helps us in this coaching change.  If we lose AF or Race, then we have a lot more options for immediate help.

49 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

4* PF Langston Wilson just decommitted from Alabama. Could be an option for IU to look at.

Interesting situation.

The young man literally never played high school basketball because of a heart condition his doctors were hoping would show improvement over time. After many years of tests and no negative affects, he was cleared to play basketball and had his first competitive basketball time in junior college. There? He absolutely rocked.

Wonder if Coach Rosemond is in on this one?

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Interesting situation.

The young man literally never played high school basketball because of a heart condition the doctors were hoping would improve. After many years of tests and no negative affects, he was cleared to play basketball and had his first competitive basketball time in junior college. There? He absolutely rocked.

Wonder if Coach Rosemond is in on this one?

That’s crazy. I had no clue about all of that.

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Trying to decipher if the difficult time is the decision to decommit or something else of a personal nature.

Langston J. Wilson @Langston3491

Please respect that this is a difficult time for me and give me time and space to get my thoughts together much love.

Appears to be just a decommit: