Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2021 General Recruiting Thread

I wouldn’t worry too much about his overall FG% given the 3 point acumen. As a frosh, 78% of his FGs were 3s; last year it was 53% of his FGs: https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/parker-stewart-1.html

Now his 2 point shot selection? Not good when he takes them. Too many two point jumpers, too often unassisted though he was good at the rim at UT-Martin (60%).

https://hoop-math.com/Pittsburgh2018.php

https://hoop-math.com/UTMartin2020.php

27 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Is he the back-up to Mohammed? Either or right? Not likely we take both?

The backup only In the sense that Aminu is deciding first.

Not sure which one would be a better fit for Indiana, but I am sure that either would be a big addition.

Pass on Stewart!

Love our freshmen, +Al could return. Not interested in another 6'5"guy(unless his name is Aminu). Excited to see Leal and Galloway gain confidence, and mature!

Transfer portal will be busy, stretch 4 and big are on my Christmas list! Plus Aminu!

I could be wrong, but I can't imagine either Al Durham or Joey Brunk returning for another year of college ball. Both could make a living playing overseas. For Joey, it would mean six years of college. Unless he is working on a PhD, that is too much college life for anyone but Bluto from Animal House. The way Race Thompson is playing, he'll also be ready for professional basketball by next year.

Kuluel Mading, who got some run around here a few months back, de-committed from Howard. From what I can recall of looking at him: 6’9”ish, long, built like a stick figure, runs well, explosively quick off the floor, good hands, needs skill development across the board, plays hard and competes, even with strength disadvantages. Will be an interesting late add for a high major, especially as a redshirt. 

Kuluel Mading, who got some run around here a few months back, de-committed from Howard. From what I can recall of looking at him: 6’9”ish, long, built like a stick figure, runs well, explosively quick off the floor, good hands, needs skill development across the board, plays hard and competes, even with strength disadvantages. Will be an interesting late add for a high major, especially as a redshirt. 

He and nojel both leaving?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 12/4/2020 at 3:58 PM, Stuhoo said:

Walking contradiction,

.......partly truth and partly fiction. Nice Kris Kristofferson reference....I think.

44 minutes ago, mamasa said:

He and nojel both leaving?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That Howard situation got sideways in a hurry. For different reasons Maker and Eastern were pretty big gambles, though with no real downside, I suppose. But a kid like Mading seems like the sort they had a chance build on. 

A decision is on the horizon for ‘21  @ColoradoPrep_ PF Mouhammed Mbaye. Keep an eye on UGA, Indiana, Colorado. Rutgers, Louisville, AZ State offered, per coach. Really good game today in afternoon W. Run runner. Converts well in the paint.

justin young 

13 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

A decision is on the horizon for ‘21  @ColoradoPrep_ PF Mouhammed Mbaye. Keep an eye on UGA, Indiana, Colorado. Rutgers, Louisville, AZ State offered, per coach. Really good game today in afternoon W. Run runner. Converts well in the paint.

justin young 

Was thought to be a Rutgers Louisville battle.

Interesting late bloomer with a good outside stroke. The 'converts well in the paint' comment is a plus to hear.

20 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

justin young 

Obviously would need to see way more, but he is a great looking athlete. Also doesn’t seem to shy away from contact. If not IU, I don’t think I would want to see him at Rutgers.

48 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

justin young 

Do you read that as all of those schools have offered or just AZ State?    Seems highly unusual if we've extended an actual offer and none of the usual suspects have commented on him.

Wording is confusing to this old fart.

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Do you read that as all of those schools have offered or just AZ State?    Seems highly unusual if we've extended an actual offer and none of the usual suspects have commented on him.

Wording is confusing to this old fart.

I read it as Rutgers, Louisville and Arizona St have offered