Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2021 General Recruiting Thread

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Who should I follow around here for inside information? Just kidding!!! I'm back baby

So we can take your picture off the milk cartons and cancel the silver alert?

Welcome back.  Good to hear from you again.

On 3/4/2020 at 4:00 PM, Stuhoo said:

Scoring doing the talking for Ohio guard

9640635.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs
Brayden Sipple is averaging almost 35 points per game (Photo: Mike Pegram, Peegs.com)

Junior shooting guard Brayden Sipple has been scoring at a rate that will make any college coach take notice.The Blanchester High guard leads the entire state of Ohio in scoring by over three points a game, averaging 34.6 points a contest.

While he's only received low major offers to date, Big Ten schools have taken notice. Indiana hosted him for a recent home game with Maryland and following that he made the trip to Value City Arena to see the home state Buckeyes host the Hoosiers on February 1st.
Peegs.com made the trip to the Cincinnati area on Tuesday night to get a glimpse of the 6-foot-4 prospect.

Sipple did not disappoint, dropping 43 points as Blanchester pulled away for a 92-65 home win over Leesburg-Fairfield.It was the fifth time this season he's scored 40 or more points in a game. Sipple scored in a variety of ways, many off his own defense as he recorded six steals on the night. His nice length is used at the top of extended pressure by coach Adam Weber and many of those points come on the break, where he's equally effective going to the basket or pulling up for a short jumper.

"His transition downhill game is you're either gonna follow him or he's gonna finish or he's gonna dunk," Weber said. "It's probably the part of his game that there really isn't an answer for. His pull up jumper, it's something we worked on so much between his freshman and sophomore more. He has the spot up three game. He's got the downhill penetration game and when you can stop on a dime and rise up and use your elevation, it's hard to target even contest that shot without fouling him."Blanchester is now 18-1 on the season and should be a difficult opponent for the bigger name Cincinnati area schools it will likely face in the upcoming Ohio playoffs.

Sipple told us he wants to study business management in college.

He enjoyed both of the recent Indiana games he took in and spoke about Bloomington trip for the Maryland game.

"The arena was nice, the atmosphere was crazy," Sipple said. "The fans, they got loud and it was awesome."

Haven't heard his name mentioned for several months but anyone interested in watching him play here's your chance tonight with tentative tipoffs at 6:20, 8:00 and 9:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qaj0SUB3x3o&app=desktop

With Max Christie's commitment to Sparty earlier today, here's an update on where we stand with our 2021 targets.

Logan Duncomb committed 04.07.20

2021 OFFERS    
Name High School Location   Offered Notes

Camden, John Archbishop John Carroll Philadelphia, PA   05.16.20  
Graham, James III Nicolet HS Milwaukee, WI   07.02.20  
Kauffman, Trey Silver Creek HS Sellersburg, IN   06.07.19  
Kepnang, Franck Westtown HS Norristown, PA   07.18.19  
Longino, Jordan Germantown Academy Fort Washington, PA   04.08.20  
Miller, Mason Houston HS Germantown, TN   Informal  
Mohammed, Aminu Greenwood Lab School Springfield, MO   07.17.19  
Wesley, Blake  South Bend Riley HS South Bend, IN   07.29.19  
Whitt, Carter Leesville Road HS Leesville, NC   ??  

2021 COMMITTED ELSEWHERE    

Christie, Max  Rolling Meadows HS Rolling Meadows, IL   06.19.19 MSU 07.07.20
Clarke, Terrence Brewster Academy Wolfeboro, NH   07.23.18 pUKe 09.14.19
Furst, Caleb FW Blackhawk Christian Fort Wayne, IN   10.27.18 PUke 03.03.20
Hopkins, Bryce Fenwick HS Oak Park, IL   06.22.19 Louisville 11.10.19
Patterson, Trey Rutgers Preparatory Somerset, NJ   06.24.19 Nova 06.18.20

I'm not aware that we've expressed any real interest in Jeremy Sochan who attends La Lumiere HS but an interesting twist and wonder if any others might follow his path.  

From Corey Evans -  Top-40 forward Jeremy Sochan confirms that in light of the ongoing pandemic, he will complete his high school career overseas. College is still the desirable landing spot come fall, 2021.

More background on Alexis Reyes including the fact he took an unofficial to IU in the fall of 2018.

Reyes has a reputation as a shooter.  Reyes averaged 12.4 points, 6.5 rebounds, 3.8 assists, and 2 steals per contest according to his high school program.  Overall Reyes shot 53 percent from the field including 39 percent from three-point range.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2021-names-to-know-alexis-reyes/?fbclid=IwAR0d-2cu0dLFSfTLplu7DfIH22zDx7J3Xf5JlTYIakG1D5TU0HsayDTvT0c

33 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

More background on Alexis Reyes including the fact he took an unofficial to IU in the fall of 2018.

Reyes has a reputation as a shooter.  Reyes averaged 12.4 points, 6.5 rebounds, 3.8 assists, and 2 steals per contest according to his high school program.  Overall Reyes shot 53 percent from the field including 39 percent from three-point range.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2021-names-to-know-alexis-reyes/?fbclid=IwAR0d-2cu0dLFSfTLplu7DfIH22zDx7J3Xf5JlTYIakG1D5TU0HsayDTvT0c

He would be a project as part of a four or five player class. Pretty good offer list though.

Rivals has a full highlight video — excellent fundamentals on the shooting stroke, definitely playing below the rim.

Committing on Sept 9
Evidently IU is on the radar since they are in the edit

I’m guessing IU chances are slim since this is the first I’m hearing of his name unless I missed something Lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

8 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Committing on Sept 9
Evidently IU is on the radar since they are in the edit

I’m guessing IU chances are slim since this is the first I’m hearing of his name unless I missed something Lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Didn't Coach Roberts play a year or two in Oregon prior to Prep School?  I wonder if there is a connection there?