Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2021 General Recruiting Thread

13 minutes ago, Demo said:

Gus Etchison to Western Michigan, per Baumgart. Enjoyed my couple of viewings of him. Kid’s gonna have a good run in the MAC. If he’s able to fill out can see him being a popular high major grad transfer down the road. 

This is the kid from Hamilton Heights, right? The entire community rallied around this kid, and he brought it. Tough story, but inspiring too. I went to Noblesville, but Cicero was really my stomping grounds. This is just another retelling of the Indiana basketball story. Kid lifted his entire community. 

I applaud Etchison for making his decision now.  IMO, these '21s need to start thinking long and hard about the wisdom of taking their best current offer or rolling the dice they can do better with a strong high school season but then get passed over by others who commit ahead of them and not get their current #1 preference.  

Corey Evans - 

Kuluel Mading  is another that is just breaking out despite missing out on the travel circuit this spring. A mid-major priority that has taken official visits to Elon and UNC-Greensboro, his newest offers have come from Clemson, Providence and VCU, while Indiana, NC State and Virginia Tech have expressed greater interest. Look for Mading to ride things out through the summer before narrowing his college options.

Background on Mading was posted on May 4 and May 7, on page 26 of this thread. 

Yep I like where their heads were at. At least 1 of Kaufman, Patterson, and Miller. Hopefully 2. At least 1 of Mohammed and Wesley. I don’t think we take both. If TJD leaves we have one scholarship for a potential grad transfer beyond the 3 we have that at least 2 used on those 5. I am cool with the recruiting. Need to see it on the court.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Latest Rivals rankings on the Top 150 in the '21 class.  

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2021

13 - Aminu Mohammed

28 - Trey Patterson

41 - Jordan Longino

83 - Trey Kaufman

84 - John Camden

97 - Blake Wesley

142 - Logan Duncomb

Player of interest:  Mason Miller #65

Others with IU offers but appear to no longer be on our radar:  Kepnang #26; Christie #17; Whitt #63.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Latest Rivals rankings on the Top 150 in the '21 class.  

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2021

13 - Aminu Mohammed

28 - Trey Patterson

41 - Jordan Longino

83 - Trey Kaufman

84 - John Camden

97 - Blake Wesley

142 - Logan Duncomb

Player of interest:  Mason Miller #65

Others with IU offers but appear to no longer be on our radar:  Kepnang #26; Christie #17; Whitt #63.

Wow! Gatorade POY in arguably the best if not one of the best HS Bball states in the country and Kaufman comes in at 83? Longino and Camden ahead of Wesley? How does one drop when there has been no games since early March.

Wow! Gatorade POY in arguably the best if not one of the best HS Bball states in the country and Kaufman comes in at 83? Longino and Camden ahead of Wesley? How does one drop when there has been no games since early March.

Doesn’t look like they have dropped anyone. I just don’t think they have watched him like others during the season. Their last time watching him was AAU. Which is even weirder because he had a good AAU season.

Doesn’t look like they have dropped anyone. I just don’t think they have watched him like others during the season. Their last time watching him was AAU. Which is even weirder because he had a good AAU season.

They hardly watched him in AAU last year as well

Better for us! that means he is flying under the radar of some of the other schools, right?

Depends on which teams if any put a lot of stock in to Rivals. This kid is legit. Not a TJD, but not as far behind as that would make you believe. I would be stoked to have him. The only difference with him and TJD is I do hope we pull one of the other 2 forwards as well so he isn’t forced to play 30 mpg as a freshman. Him and Aminu and I am the happiest Hoosier to pair with Lander.

Better for us! that means he is flying under the radar of some of the other schools, right?

I hope it is better for IU. For some reason rivals hasn’t watched him as much as 247. Big difference between the scouts from both places. Virginia wants him on campus before he makes a decision. Outside the schools that have been on him the most(IU, Purdue, Xavier, and maybe Louisville) I would say Virginia is the team outside of those that is working hard to be a player. Rivals has a story about Kaufman wanting a Kentucky offer but I haven’t heard that anywhere else. Both services have stated that IU is the team to beat at this point in time

Logan Duncomb
Trey Kaufman
Mason Miller
Blake Wesley
yup .... that’ll do it.

I still say we get the forward spot situated and put all of our chips in on Mohammed. Really like the position we put ourselves in there.

Slow day at the office.

June 2020    

2021 247 Rivals ESPN Top 100

John Camden 102 84 n.a.
Max Christie 11 17 12
Logan Duncomb 103 142 n.a.
Trey Kaufman 68 83 72
Franck Kepnang 23 26 21
Jordan Longino 58 41 n.a.
Mason Miller    52 65 92
Aminu Mohammed 13 13 10