Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2021 General Recruiting Thread

7 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think we all have this pretty well narrowed down. Courtesy of Mike Schumann.

Guards (likely one of these 3)

Blake Wesley
Jordan Longino
Aminu Mohammad

Forwards (likely 1)

Trey Kaufman
Trey Patterson
Mason Miller.

My preferred option is Kaufman and Mohammad. But really any of the guard tier with any of the forward tier looks nice.

If I assume my best option, and we had space for 1 more I like Longino or Miller the next best. I don’t take the Patterson recruitment too seriously. Like him, but I don’t feel it.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Pretty good summation. Nice to already have 2021 narrowed down to 6 targets. Hopefully get a commit soon and can narrow it further 

The great thing is everyone on that list is or is expected to be a capable shooter by the time they would potentially hit Bloomington. That’s how you outplay your ranking sometimes. This team needs a shot maker or 3. You come in ranked 60th and put up 12 per game people will notice.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

6 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Lots of noise that Blake Wesley is the best of those three guards. Anyone on here who has seen him play and can comment?

Now that I’ve gotten to watch a few full games of Wesley's, though I haven’t gotten to watch Longino yet, I’ll say this: if someone wants to argue that Wesley makes the most sense from a regional recruiting momentum standpoint or for continuing the development of a tenured roster long-term, I wouldn’t agree, but I get the argument. If someone is arguing that Wesley is a better player or near term prospect than Mohammed, not to be an utter ******, but I would question if they know what they’re watching. It’s just not a very serious argument. 

Really looking forward to watching Longino. 

I'm in no way qualified to judge ability but I watched Wesley in 3 games last season and wasn't that impressed.  I've also watched Mohammed and I don't care if his overall level of competition is significantly less than Wesley's, Mohammed passes my eye test in what he can do on the court and he's my preference.  FWIW

Same. I’ve watched a similar amount of games and agree.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4-star Johnathan Lawson 6'6" SF from Wooddale HS in Memphis, TN.  

Lawson was named the Tennessee Gatorade Player of the Year for the 2019-20 season and the Class AA Mr. Basketball.  Playing for Wooddale High School, the 6-foot-7, 180-pound junior forward led the Cardinals to a 27-6 record and a berth in a Class AA state tournament quarterfinals before the season ended prematurely.  Lawson averaged 25.4 points, 11.7 rebounds, 6.0 assists, 2.0 steals and 2.0 blocks through 33 games as Wooddale pursued its second straight state title.

Full story:  https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2021-names-to-know-top-100-wing-johnathan-lawson/?fbclid=IwAR0M5aT-cASkTph0qfJMnU3WUl5vElOLEWKQLDuKsdQMmFh1jeBOKwVo0pE

Rivals

MaxPreps

ESPN's Top 60 in the '21 Class - 5 with formal IU offers

#12 - Khristian Lander

#13 - Aminu Mohammed

#15 - Max Christie

#24 - Franck Kepnang

#31 - Trey Patterson

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/view/espnu100/sort/rank/class/2021

Adam Zagoria indicating IU interest in '21 Khalil Brantley although MaxPreps reports him as a '22.  Averaged 34ppg last high school season.  A 6' guard plays for Boys and Girls HS in Brooklyn, NY.  Didn't find him on either 247 or Rivals.  Verbal Commits rates him a 2-star.

MaxPreps

Apparently I fell asleep at the switch because I thought I posted some background on '21 Nate Johnson when I first saw his name referenced in conjunction with IU, but I'll be darned if I can find it so I'll try again.  Nate Johnson '21 a 6'3" SG from Lakota East HS in Middletown, OH.  Unrated on 247.

HUDL

'19-20 High School Stats