Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2021 General Recruiting Thread

5 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

So Purdue is about to land 5 star Harrison Ingraham?  He's a SF from Dallas.  I've never heard of him but it pretty much eliminates them from landing Kaufman.

Don’t think anything is imminent. He’s really high on Purdue but don’t think he’s ready to decide yet. But yeah that’d take us out of the Kaufman recruitment unfortunately. 

Don’t think anything is imminent. He’s really high on Purdue but don’t think he’s ready to decide yet. But yeah that’d take us out of the Kaufman recruitment unfortunately. 

I highly doubt Purdue gets this kid, but congrats on Furst. He was one of my faves in the whole class.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Why is it highly doubtful? 

I said I highly doubt it. Not that it’s highly doubtful. There is a difference there. And mostly based off track record but also that it’s early for 2021 recruits, particularly 5 star ones. I’ve seen Indiana “lead” for so many 5 stars early only to be outbided later on. I expect much of the same.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Honkyman said:

Ingram is likely headed to North Carolina.

Don’t think that’s true at all. If I had to pick a place he’d choose if it wasn’t Purdue, I’d go with Stanford. 

31 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I said I highly doubt it. Not that it’s highly doubtful. There is a difference there. And mostly based off track record but also that it’s early for 2021 recruits, particularly 5 star ones. I’ve seen Indiana “lead” for so many 5 stars early only to be outbided later on. I expect much of the same.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

That’s fair. Will be interesting to see what he does. 

Latest '21 recruiting summary from TheDailyHoosier with some new names of potential interest at the bottom of the article.  Thing that caught my eye the most was that Franck Kepnang is a possible '20 reclass.  I've not been that impressed but he's attracted high level interest and he's 6'11".

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2021-big-board/?fbclid=IwAR13ZTKyZRrFdv1SfoBU3lCWDA-5Ga_bWCJdEFXcYhk63nEjIxvHVQFDieY

In the link I posted immediately above, one of the unfamiliar names at the bottom of the article was Mason Miller from Germantown, TN.  Here's more on Miller from TheDailyHoosier.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2021-names-to-know-mason-miller/?fbclid=IwAR3gyX4Hp2vM26jl88ChXUWj8f9uHh9UNeREgZbomkxpKOUKRLFejYwVq3Q

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

In the link I posted immediately above, one of the unfamiliar names at the bottom of the article was Mason Miller from Germantown, TN.  Here's more on Miller from TheDailyHoosier.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2021-names-to-know-mason-miller/?fbclid=IwAR3gyX4Hp2vM26jl88ChXUWj8f9uHh9UNeREgZbomkxpKOUKRLFejYwVq3Q

Excellent player. Wants to get out of dad’s shadow. Definitely does not need an under the table payment to attend!

Sounds like a great get to me.

Mason Miller is definitely a guy to keep an eye on.  If we miss out on Trey Patterson, which we probably will, he'd be a great prospect to focus our efforts on.

I'm hoping Kaufman and Miller could pair well together, with Kaufman being more of the perimeter player.

Mason Miller is definitely a guy to keep an eye on.  If we miss out on Trey Patterson, which we probably will, he'd be a great prospect to focus our efforts on.
I'm hoping Kaufman and Miller could pair well together, with Kaufman being more of the perimeter player.

And Aminu and Duncomb?

Will we take 4?

I don’t wanna move on from Aminu until I’m forced to.

And Aminu and Duncomb?

Will we take 4?

I don’t wanna move on from Aminu until I’m forced to.

Aminu and Kaufman would make it an outstanding class. We need a big though as Brunk graduates and TJD will most likely be gone. We need a grad transfer or a good big in 2020.

From Stock Risers, more background on Gabe Wiznitzer, a name that just surfaced last month.  

Hargrave’s Gabe Wiznitzer had himself quite the high school season and it led to a breakout in his recruitment. Named one of the top players at this year’s HoopHall, he landed himself plenty of offers and has absolutely no shortage of suitors.

“Xavier, Providence, Cincinnati, Clemson, and DePaul are on me pretty hard,” Wiznitzer told Stockrisers.com. In addition, he said that Kansas State, Ohio State and Indiana are some of the newer schools to reach out and show interest in the 6-foot-11 big.

As far as visits go, he had scheduled an official visit to Providence scheduled for March. Due to the Corona Virus, that was forced to get cancelled but it hasn’t stopped Ed Cooley’s hard pursuit of one of his top targets. “Coach Cooley and I have been talking on the phone,” he said. Plus, he has a scheduled virtual call next week with Cooley and some members of his staff.

In addition, Xavier, one of the newest programs to offer will conduct their virtual visit with Wiznitzer soon as will DePaul’s staff.

A newer development for Wiznitzer is the potential option to reclassify to 2020. “I could potentially go 2020 if I find the right situation and spot where I’m gonna be used right away and developed,” he said. He’s still open to it but clearly is focused on 2021 as more schools are still getting involved. There are some schools that would take him for either class.

As far as his decision timetable: “As far as cutting things I’m not sure yet, gonna see if AAU happens and if there are any live periods. I also can’t take official visits right now due to the virus so I’m not sure about when I will decide.”

From Stock Risers, more background on Gabe Wiznitzer, a name that just surfaced last month.  
Hargrave’s Gabe Wiznitzer had himself quite the high school season and it led to a breakout in his recruitment. Named one of the top players at this year’s HoopHall, he landed himself plenty of offers and has absolutely no shortage of suitors.
“Xavier, Providence, Cincinnati, Clemson, and DePaul are on me pretty hard,” Wiznitzer told Stockrisers.com. In addition, he said that Kansas State, Ohio State and Indiana are some of the newer schools to reach out and show interest in the 6-foot-11 big.
As far as visits go, he had scheduled an official visit to Providence scheduled for March. Due to the Corona Virus, that was forced to get cancelled but it hasn’t stopped Ed Cooley’s hard pursuit of one of his top targets. “Coach Cooley and I have been talking on the phone,” he said. Plus, he has a scheduled virtual call next week with Cooley and some members of his staff.
In addition, Xavier, one of the newest programs to offer will conduct their virtual visit with Wiznitzer soon as will DePaul’s staff.
A newer development for Wiznitzer is the potential option to reclassify to 2020. “I could potentially go 2020 if I find the right situation and spot where I’m gonna be used right away and developed,” he said. He’s still open to it but clearly is focused on 2021 as more schools are still getting involved. There are some schools that would take him for either class.
As far as his decision timetable: “As far as cutting things I’m not sure yet, gonna see if AAU happens and if there are any live periods. I also can’t take official visits right now due to the virus so I’m not sure about when I will decide.”

Duncomb to IU.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Witnitzer likely just went from a 'plan B' to a 'plan-not necessary'.