Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2019 General Recruiting Thread

http://inbasketballsource.com/recruiting-news/6072-jake-laravia-re-opens-recruitment

Would love to get a breakdown from someone who knows his game. Snow called him the best offensive player in Marion County. Read somewhere that he’s a year young for his class. Doesn’t turn 18 until Nov. Interesting. 

http://inbasketballsource.com/recruiting-news/6072-jake-laravia-re-opens-recruitment
Would love to get a breakdown from someone who knows his game. Snow called him the best offensive player in Marion County. Read somewhere that he’s a year young for his class. Doesn’t turn 18 until Nov. Interesting. 

He sounds like a player we were hoping Fitzner would be, stretch 4

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

28 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Help me.  Kid decommits from SIU-Edwardsville and all of a sudden he's capable of being a contributor at Indiana, but Luke Brown, who averages 35 points a game, can shoot the lights out, and has big time D1 interest isn't someone we should go after because he's got some limitations as a sophomore.

I'm not saying either are right or wrong, but I do laugh at the logic and reactions.

I was just throwing the name out there because it came up on twitter this evening that he decommited. I was just posting his name out of curiosity if anyone had seen the kid play. No one  mentioned him being capable to contribute here. There are literally only a few posts about who he is. Doesn’t have anything to do with Luke Brown. Sounds like youre reaching a little bit

Help me.  Kid decommits from SIU-Edwardsville and all of a sudden he's capable of being a contributor at Indiana, but Luke Brown, who averages 35 points a game, can shoot the lights out, and has big time D1 interest isn't someone we should go after because he's got some limitations as a sophomore.
I'm not saying either are right or wrong, but I do laugh at the logic and reactions.

Not sure about IU but he committed early to SIU-Edwardsville out of loyalty of them being the first to offer him. He then goes out his senior and has one of the most productive senior years of any senior. They fire their coach and he opened back up and many expect his phone to be ringing for the next couple weeks. No clue about IU but his phone will be busy

1 hour ago, Old Friend said:

Ok, I’ll try to help. One is a 6’8” kid who has gotten it done in one of the best Conferences in the State and who, because of both class and timing, is someone one would have to look at and make a relatively quick judgement about. The other is a 6’ kid who has gotten it done against a bunch of kids whose next career step is Church league. A kid who at the moment lacks the athleticism to play high D1, hence the reason he has, I believe, 0 offers but since he’s over 2 years from entering college has the time and opportunity to perhaps develop. Hence, he’s a follow, rather than an offer. 

13 minutes ago, Demo said:

Ok, I’ll try to help. One is a 6’8” kid who has gotten it done in one of the best Conferences in the State and who, because of both class and timing, is someone one would have to look at and make a relatively quick judgement. The other is a 6’ kid who has gotten it done against a bunch of kids whose next career step is Church league. A kid who at the moment lacks the athleticism to play high D1, hence the reason he has, I believe, 0 offers but since he’s over 2 years from entering college has the time and opportunity to develop. Hence, he’s a follow, rather than an offer. 

There are a bunch of kids who have "gotten it done" in that conference.  I played in that conference.  I still live within the boundaries of that conference.    There are also a lot of kids in that conference who will play intramural basketball as their next step.   I think you're devaluing Brown's skills (and again, not saying either is right or wrong); but I'm more laughing at the "next shiny thing" mentality.   Same people who fawned over Clifton Moore's potential and Jake Forrester's athleticism probably think LaRavia is going to come in and contribute as a freshman.

44 minutes ago, Kepner said:

I was just throwing the name out there because it came up on twitter this evening that he decommited. I was just posting his name out of curiosity if anyone had seen the kid play. No one  mentioned him being capable to contribute here. There are literally only a few posts about who he is. Doesn’t have anything to do with Luke Brown. Sounds like youre reaching a little bit

I wasn't aiming any comment at you.  More smiling at the mentality that seems to say year after year that kids are magically ready to be Big Ten players simply because they become available.  If they can breathe, they're a target.  "Best offensive player in Marion County" and comments like that make me smile... 

Cathedral is in Marion County, and I can promise you Arman Franklin is worlds better offensively than LaRavia.   Ahmoni Jones from Pike put up 32 and 10 head to head AGAINST LaRavia this season and just killed him.  I'm just saying I can see the legend brewing because he's available.   

Remember Mike "Kong" White who was going to come here and dominate the paint in the Big Ten?   That started with a highlight video.

3 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

I wasn't aiming any comment at you.  More smiling at the mentality that seems to say year after year that kids are magically ready to be Big Ten players simply because they become available.  If they can breathe, they're a target.  "Best offensive player in Marion County" and comments like that make me smile... 

Cathedral is in Marion County, and I can promise you Arman Franklin is worlds better offensively than LaRavia.   Ahmoni Jones from Pike put up 32 and 10 head to head AGAINST LaRavia this season and just killed him.  I'm just saying I can see the legend brewing because he's available.   

Remember Mike "Kong" White who was going to come here and dominate the paint in the Big Ten?   That started with a highlight video.

I didn’t take it aimed at me directly but I read the three or four posts before you commented and no one was jumping off any ship about him. Two quotes from Indy area best writers, a highlight video and someone compared him to possibly Fitzner and Hartman. Again, I think you’ve made it a bigger deal than anyone else did hahah

You are right that overall as basketball fans we all see a highlight video or see a stat line and all of a sudden hope that it’s a missing piece to a puzzle, but in the 4 posts about this kid I didn’t see any of that.

5 hours ago, Kepner said:

I didn’t take it aimed at me directly but I read the three or four posts before you commented and no one was jumping off any ship about him. Two quotes from Indy area best writers, a highlight video and someone compared him to possibly Fitzner and Hartman. Again, I think you’ve made it a bigger deal than anyone else did hahah

You are right that overall as basketball fans we all see a highlight video or see a stat line and all of a sudden hope that it’s a missing piece to a puzzle, but in the 4 posts about this kid I didn’t see any of that.

Stemming the tide, maybe.   Seen this movie before.  I saw someone say they had heard he was the most complete offensive player in Marion County and could see that legend begin to build.    

7 hours ago, Old Friend said:

I'll help you. I seriously doubt either of them are IU level players at this time. 

Will, Vic, JuMo, RoJo, Troy, TB, OG.  Out-of-state is basically all we got after Yogi's class and many complained that we weren't recruiting Indiana kids.  Now we land several Indiana kids and we're not attractive to out-of-state recruits.  Oh wait, Jerome is from Ohio.    God, I love this board.
Oops!  Forgot Race is from Minnesota.  

DD also....