Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2019 General Recruiting Thread

14 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Matt Denison - 

Floyd Central senior Cobie Barnes has cut his list to five school -- Belmont, Fort Wayne, Indiana State, Lehigh and Miami (Ohio) -- and will make a decision in two weeks:

Miami (Ohio) has been quietly pulling in some 3 Star indiana kids and getting a lot out of them. One time IU recruit Jalen Adeway from Logansport played for them last year and had a good freshman year. They also picked up Mekhi Lairy this year who was a Mr. Basketball finalist and Indiana All Star

Miami (Ohio) has been quietly pulling in some 3 Star indiana kids and getting a lot out of them. One time IU recruit Jalen Adeway from Logansport played for them last year and had a good freshman year. They also picked up Mekhi Lairy this year who was a Mr. Basketball finalist and Indiana All Star

Miami (Ohio) is a fun, cool college campus. Different than Indiana but a very cool place. Did some partying there in my day.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

18 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Just thinking.....

Without recruits we could start

Green
Durham
Smith
Hunter
Forrester/DDavis

We don’t have to land 3 5 stars. Getting 2 to “replace” Morgan and Romeo would be awfully nice though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

And hopefully a few ball handlers. It's a shame 2019's class isn't particularly guard heavy.

Andrew Slater‏ @Andrew__Slater 1

Late rising 6’6” Gerald Drumgoole’19 of @TheCityRocks has earned offers from Maryland & Georgia this weekend, in addition to earlier ones from Buffalo & Hofstra and recent interest from Indiana & Michigan State. Planning unofficial visits to Buffalo & Maryland in the near future.

He's from Rochester, NY and just 2 days ago announced he's strongly considering transferring to Laporte Lalumiere for his senior season.  He played AAU for The City Rocks along with Isaiah Stewart who's already at Lalumiere and of course Keion Brooks, Jr., just announced that's where he'll play this winter..   

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Andrew Slater‏ @Andrew__Slater 1

Late rising 6’6” Gerald Drumgoole’19 of @TheCityRocks has earned offers from Maryland & Georgia this weekend, in addition to earlier ones from Buffalo & Hofstra and recent interest from Indiana & Michigan State. Planning unofficial visits to Buffalo & Maryland in the near future.

He's from Rochester, NY and just 2 days ago announced he's strongly considering transferring to Laporte Lalumiere for his senior season.  He played AAU for The City Rocks along with Isaiah Stewart who's already at Lalumiere and of course Keion Brooks, Jr., just announced that's where he'll play this winter..   

One stop shop on those open gyms...

On 7/22/2018 at 10:04 AM, TXHoosierDaddy said:

This could be a backup option to Brooks/Watford. Look for Liddell to possibly get an offer soon i've seen IU connected to him recently a few times. 

https://247sports.com/Player/EJ-Liddell-45572957 - EJ Liddel 2019 SF 6"7

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-missouri/article215173730.html

Liddell’s newest schools

A quick note here on North Carolina, Duke and Indiana in regards to E.J. Liddell.

While on this road trip, I interviewed some KU recruiting priorities to help out their beat writers at our paper. Before you nail me to a cross, some of those gave me good insight that I’m using now.

Josh Green, a consensus five-star recruit, said Roy Williams told him he only offers scholarships to six to seven kids a year because North Carolina is well, North Carolina. I’d be stunned if the Tar Heels offer Liddell. Simply too many guys in front of him as of right now.

Duke is a strong possibility. Assistant coach Chris Carrawell replaced Jeff Capel on Coach K’s bench, after Capel got hired at Pittsburgh. Carrawell is from St. Louis and played at Cardinal Ritter. He has strong ties to the area and landing Liddell would be a good way to impress his new boss.

At the same time, the Blue Devils are in good with blue-chip recruits like Isaiah Stewart, Vernon Carey and Matthew Hurt. I’d be surprised if Duke doesn’t get some combination of those three. I think Liddell is behind those guys and even if he does get an offer, would he want to go into a situation like that?

Indiana is also recruiting Keion Brooks, an in-state kid who has similar game to Liddell and plays the same position. He can change the situation there.

An offer from any of three schools could alter Liddell’s recruitment but the guys in front of him have just as much, if not more influence.

Liddell getting ready to announce top 5. I'm not sure if we ever offered. I know we started to show interest late. The top four are pretty much Ohio St, Mizzou, Kstate and Illinois. The 5th is likely a mystery team between Duke, Unc, IU and a bevy of others. 

Liddell getting ready to announce top 5. I'm not sure if we ever offered. I know we started to show interest late. The top four are pretty much Ohio St, Mizzou, Kstate and Illinois. The 5th is likely a mystery team between Duke, Unc, IU and a bevy of others. 

I was really hoping we would take more interest in him, but the players they are after I'm happy with.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

He does not have an IU offer unless it was made today and not yet on the streets.

9 minutes ago, iufaninillinois said:

I was really hoping we would take more interest in him, but the players they are after I'm happy with.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yep he was the one guy I wish we had pushed harder on. Especially when you see the teams after him, think we would have had a real good chance. 

So what’s the latest with Newman? I’ve read a good amount of posts about Harris, Ramsey and Bouknight and it seems like all talk about Newman has hit a wall. Is there something I have missed or is it a “if I had my druthers” scenario where he would be the 4th preference among those? He has received an offer, correct? It almost seems like we have conceded him to PU. Hope I’m wrong and he continues to be pursued by Archie.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners