Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2020) SG Trey Galloway To IU

22 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Tomorrow’s six weeks from the initial 4-6 week injury but it doesn’t sound like he’ll be back tomorrow from CMW’s radio show. Maybe sometime next week?

No inside info, but as he warmed up bf last game, think it’s a matter of when he’s back to game shape, with the injury now behind him

55 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

No inside info, but as he warmed up bf last game, think it’s a matter of when he’s back to game shape, with the injury now behind him

Shouldn’t he be in the best shape of anyone? He could be running miles/sprints/stairs until he drops each day with no regard for needing to be fresh for a game. That’s 6 weeks of potential cardio/fitness related activity 

2 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Shouldn’t he be in the best shape of anyone? He could be running miles/sprints/stairs until he drops each day with no regard for needing to be fresh for a game. That’s 6 weeks of potential cardio/fitness related activity 

That’s not the game shape / playing I’m referring to, that’s just cardio, assuming he hasn’t been scrimmaging he’s not in game shape / timing. But if scrimmaging again i’d bank on him being back next game

I would never have expected Galloway to be the spark that drove us to a new level last night vs. OSU. In fact, I'd have probably considered redshirting him this year because I didn't see where his playing time would avail given the rest of the roster. I'm so happy to be wrong. Never mind that the kid's shot from outside the arc is too flat, his spacing IQ and decisions on penetration more than make up for the shot deficiency. And who knows? Maybe he'll get the arc on the shot right too.

1 minute ago, incrediboy said:

I would never have expected Galloway to be the spark that drove us to a new level last night vs. OSU. In fact, I'd have probably considered redshirting him this year because I didn't see where his playing time would avail given the rest of the roster. I'm so happy to be wrong. Never mind that the kid's shot from outside the arc is too flat, his spacing IQ and decisions on penetration more than make up for the shot deficiency. And who knows? Maybe he'll get the arc on the shot right too.

My fear with this is teams will start sagging off him to stop penetration. We saw it last season and I'm shocked Holtmann didn't take this away last night. I'm not sure if the off ball movement was an impact from Galloway or Woody getting into them about it. It was much better last night and needs to continue.

I drove up to attend the game with a buddy. My one game for the year.

No doubt in my mind that Trey was the MVP of the game. Wasn't even close for anybody else. Yeah...TJD scored a lot (27 I think) but many were dunks from great passes from TG and others.

If the rest of the team would play with ½ the hussle of Galloway, I think we'd be a much better team. He makes things happen. And he doesn't waste 10 seconds off the clock getting the ball up court.

33 minutes ago, DWB said:

I drove up to attend the game with a buddy. My one game for the year.

No doubt in my mind that Trey was the MVP of the game. Wasn't even close for anybody else. Yeah...TJD scored a lot (27 I think) but many were dunks from great passes from TG and others.

If the rest of the team would play with ½ the hussle of Galloway, I think we'd be a much better team. He makes things happen. And he doesn't waste 10 seconds off the clock getting the ball up court.

Difference maker!

Watching Woody coach from the sidelines on the play where TG drove at the end of the shot clock, was great coaching. 

Spread the the floor, get it in his hands, TJD high ball screen, and let Trey make the play. Taking advantage of the mismatch.  TRUST

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Good writeup. If he were a pg he could get away with not developing his shot. There are a few guys out there who are so good defensively and bring that toughness and ability to score in transition and at the rim that shooting from the wing isn’t necessary to their games but they’re so much the exception. Trey helps the team despite his shooting, we’re better with him on the floor, but man if he can just develop a serviceable jumper, even a good 2-pointer, his impact would soar.

1 hour ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Good writeup. If he were a pg he could get away with not developing his shot. There are a few guys out there who are so good defensively and bring that toughness and ability to score in transition and at the rim that shooting from the wing isn’t necessary to their games but they’re so much the exception. Trey helps the team despite his shooting, we’re better with him on the floor, but man if he can just develop a serviceable jumper, even a good 2-pointer, his impact would soar.

If he could get his 3pt% to about 35% and learn to stick his feet on drives for that little half floater/half jumper in the 3-8ft range he’d be tough to keep off the floor. 

1 hour ago, str8baller said:

If he could get his 3pt% to about 35% and learn to stick his feet on drives for that little half floater/half jumper in the 3-8ft range he’d be tough to keep off the floor. 

I’d personally like to see him work more on a Derozan - type game. He shot like 19 percent from deep so far. I’m always for development but that’s a big gap to fill and he has that twitch to his shot that he’ll need to re-work out of his form and that adds difficulty. But as quick as he is with the ball he can get to spots fast, think an elbow jumper, a bank shot, floater, and sideline shot would be better to focus on for his game - jmo