Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2020) SG Trey Galloway To IU

I suppose. Not since Archie has taken over. It seems the honeymoon is over now, though. After all, he’s “Learning the lay of the land”. I don’t know how much pressure Archie is feeling but a bad year this year creates a red hot seat.

Admittedly frustrated. Very frustrated.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Not since Archie has taken over? You recall that he signed Romeo Langford last year correct? And TJD this year? Of course last season was disappointing, but recruiting really hasn’t been an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Not since Archie has taken over? You recall that he signed Romeo Langford last year correct? And TJD this year? Of course last season was disappointing, but recruiting really hasn’t been an issue.

Wasn’t referring to quality of recruits. Was referring to the process of overestimating the quality of our signings and downplaying the ability of our misses.

That’s the part that is predictable.

Here is a kid I want. A program kid. A kid that plays with a chip. Is he going to be All B1G? I doubt it. But we need to bring a certain attitude back. An attitude I thought we would get from Archie Miller coached teams. That’s why I wanted him here. We just haven’t seen it yet. This could potentially be a positive step.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Wasn’t referring to quality of recruits. Was referring to the process of overestimating the quality of our signings and downplaying the ability of our misses.

Doesn't every fan base do that?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Doesn't every fan base do that?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yeah, probably they do.

It’s just Indiana has been so lost for so long. It would nice to have that feeling that the guy at the helm had control and was a winner. I still have hope Archie can be that guy, but it’s diminishing all the time versus improving.

Our recruiting seems to have hit a major lull as of late. Momentum appears to stalled. Or worse. I obviously know it’s SUPER early for 2020, but Brooks, Quinones, Harris, and whoever else to end 2019 looks pretty bad.

Use our IUFB fanbase at BTB as an example. That is pretty much what we’ve become as a basketball fanbase.

We get hyped (football) about having the 10-12th ranked Big Ten recruiting classes and expect to win more games than we ever do.

That is how basketball has become.

It’s time for Archie or some coach to exceed expectations for once.

We like to think we are a Blueblood and the national media somewhat treats us like one, but nothing else we do seems to match.

Wayne - I think maybe that’s what it’s become for you. Based on class results, recruiting is arguably MORE stable and healthy than anything we saw under Crean outside of one or two classes.

As of early summer 2019 (12+ months out), our 2020 class is up in the air. Any reasonable person saw that the 2020 Indiana class did not contain superstars and was going to likely be less heralded four year players, AND many recognize that that is okay! We’re clearly in good position with some top targets in 2021.

No offense, but your negativity seems to be weighing the present far too heavily, discounting the past, and not appreciating the future potential.

Wayne - I think maybe that’s what it’s become for you. Based on class results, recruiting is arguably MORE stable and healthy than anything we saw under Crean outside of one or two classes.

As of early summer 2019 (12+ months out), our 2020 class is up in the air. Any reasonable person saw that the 2020 Indiana class did not contain superstars and was going to likely be less heralded four year players, AND many recognize that that is okay! We’re clearly in good position with some top targets in 2021.

No offense, but your negativity seems to be weighing the present far too heavily, discounting the past, and not appreciating the future potential.

Agree to disagree. Our recruiting results and actual results (W/L Tournament berths) speak for themselves. That’s not negativity. That’s just what it’s been.

As far as future potential, that’s why I stay with it so actively. I want to believe.

^^This^^ Let's put a bow on this mucho pronto. Not only is Trey Galloway really good, he's the kind of player and leader that other really good players want to play with. 
As for Snow's credibility, the numbers vis-a-vis his crystal ball picks pretty much say it all:
    • Brian Snow
    • 247SportsNational Basketball Analyst
    • 2020: 11 / 11(100.00%)
    • Overall: 136 / 147(92.52%)

So, you’re telling me there is a chance?

Agree to disagree. Our recruiting results and actual results (W/L Tournament berths) speak for themselves. That’s not negativity. That’s just what it’s been.

As far as future potential, that’s why I stay with it so actively. I want to believe.

I guess I just don’t understand your perspective on recruiting results being a negative? Look at our classes under Archie.

I guess I just don’t understand your perspective on recruiting results being a negative? Look at our classes under Archie.

Never said that. Recruiting momentum stalled to end 19, impressively. I’m not in the least worried about 2020 recruiting.

I am worried about Archie having a great season this year. I think it’s critical.

Never said that. Recruiting momentum stalled to end 19, impressively. I’m not in the least worried about 2020 recruiting.

I am worried about Archie having a great season this year. I think it’s critical.

You literally called out our recruiting results. Misses aren’t results. To quote Stu and others, “it’s about who you get not who you miss.”

Archie really needs to make the tournament this year. I’d give him the four full years, but missing the tournament next year will make Assembly Hall and the fanbase miserable to deal with.

5 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

You seem to really let the comments of others have a big effect on you.  2 times you ha e referenced OTHERS overestimating our recruits and underestimating misses.  Maybe try and let the comments of others have that much control over your feelings.  Who cares anyway.  Hell, with this past season we have enough to be miserable about amirite?

13 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

This. I wish we would have had a roster full of under recruited, hard nosed players to set the cultural tone the first few seasons under Archie and Co. but it didn’t happen. I’m not as concerned with won/loss record as others but want to see players who fit and buy in. When the foundation is poured we can worry about shiny things.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm all for Galloway coming to IU. I like what I've seen of him and agree he seems to be a program type of guy. Though I think it's fair to point out that he won't play until Archie's fourth season. There is no way he should just now be "pouring a foundation". 

I'm with Wayne- I want to believe, but am cautiously pessimistic. I haven't seen enough to have confidence and if this season ends in the NIT again......ugh. 

34 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

You literally called out our recruiting results. Misses aren’t results. To quote Stu and others, “it’s about who you get not who you miss.”

Archie really needs to make the tournament this year. I’d give him the four full years, but missing the tournament next year will make Assembly Hall and the fanbase miserable to deal with.

This is semantics. You know what he means by "results." I think we are all disappointed that IU didn't land Keion. Or, lacking Keion, one of the other high level recruits we targeted like Trendon Watford.

You are absolutely correct that it's about who you get, so Archie will be judged this season based on who he got and how they performed on the court. But if we miss the tournament again this year like you alluded to, many fans will be wondering what the season could have been like if we landed the target that the coaching staff spent an enormous amount of time recruiting.

We were 7th in 2018. It felt amazing, everyone loved it. It felt like people were fighting over the Indiana scholarship again. A huge part of that was Romeo and he’s gone.

We are 55th in 2019. Sure TJD seems poised to be fantastic. AF-we’ll see. Everyone loves him and his mother. Yes it’s a small class. That’s a big part of it. Not by design. We tried adding Brooks, Quinones, and Harris at minimum.

2020-TBD. Archie is quoted saying he wants 3 or 4. I’m not at all worried about this class. Plenty of time. But I’ve generally been good about having a feel for things. I saw where the Crean tenure was going and how it would finish before others. Recruiting is the first sign of the life of a program. The appeal of the scholarship says a lot. Archie having a great year would cure most of what ails.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We are 55th in 2019. Sure TJD seems poised to be fantastic. AF-we’ll see. Everyone loves him and his mother. Yes it’s a small class. That’s a big part of it. Not by design. We tried adding Brooks, Quinones, and Harris at minimum.

One of the primary reasons we were 55th is because for incoming freshmen it's a two player class; a very high four star and a three star. 

Reality? We are also adding a college proven big man, and probably adding a top 50 wing as a red-shirt freshman.

In other words, the ranking of freshmen in no way captures the reality of the four players who will be suiting up for IU for the first time.

One of the primary reasons we were 55th is because for incoming freshmen it's a two player class; a very high four star and a three star. 

Reality? We are also adding a college proven big man, and probably adding a top 50 wing as a red-shirt freshman.

In other words, the ranking of freshmen in no way captures the reality of the four players who will be suiting up for IU for the first time.

Fair.

Counterpoints

1. Archie wasn’t trying to have 2 person class. We tried to fill the last spot and maybe both spots and didn’t.

2. Red shirt freshman and transfers are something other schools have as well. Sure Brunk may be just what we need but other schools landed as talented or more talented transfers. None of these are included either.

Apples to apples. Have to have an equal measuring stick.

With respect, that 55 ranking is a fair measurement and also reality. If we want to compile a transfer + recruits + redshirt ranking system that would be fantastic. Other schools would benefit from that as well.

27 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

If we want to compile a transfer + recruits + redshirt ranking system that would be fantastic. 

^^Bingo - because that's what really matters!^^

And (at the risk of repeating myself) It doesn't matter who you don't get; it matters who you get.