Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB at Wisconsin - 1/2/18 @ 7:00 E.T.

I really wish we would have just started fresh. It's a wash of a season (as I said a few weeks ago-and got attacked for reading what I see of this team). Anyone that knows basketball knows this team doesn't have it and won't get it. Lack skill, IQ,athleticism, shooting. We lack so much. And our coach isn't performing any miracles. We arguably aren't getting any better. Next season is likely to be rough too, but at least we will have new blood.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Boy I hope so bad you’re wrong about next season but realistically, you right. And man that hurts! A lot will have to happen with the roster for it not to be a rough season next year

3 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

It's been said to death every game this season, but I just can't imagine what this team would look like if Crean was still the coach. No size, no depth, no shooters, no effort, no senior leadership, and no personal accountability. 

I'd like to see more from Archie getting on them and adapting his scheme to what he has to work with, but I think some guys can already see the writing on the wall as to their future with this team. From what I can tell so far, I think Archie actually dislikes most of this team. 

I am not a Crean defender,  and am glad he is gone, but I do not really think this team would look any worse at this point if he was still the coach.  You are right about no size, depth etc but we have lost to a decimated Wiscy team, ISU and IUPUIFW.  It it hard to use a talent excuse against those teams. The lack of effort has really been a disappointment.  Folks can disagree but I think a coach should at least bring out effort.

Honestly, I hope a bunch of these guys transfer so we can bring in guys who are capable of playing hard and playing smart.  At least 3 of the worst offenders will be out of eligibility.

We desperately need to bring in some transfers to play up front because right now we've got nothing.  Morgan lacks a killer instinct and frankly I've given up on Davis.

Yes, much of this is out of frustration but right now we suck.  Period.

We just got whooped by walkons. We got destroyed by two other teams that are barely D1.

Earn your money Archie. This is extremely concerning, and you need to figure it out.
I was so glad to see crean go but so far what's going on under Archie is concerning.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I am not a Crean defender,  and am glad he is gone, but I do not really think this team would look any worse at this point if he was still the coach.  You are right about no size, depth etc but we have lost to a decimated Wiscy team, ISU and IUPUIFW.  It it hard to use a talent excuse against those teams. The lack of effort has really been a disappointment.  Folks can disagree but I think a coach should at least bring out effort.

Bingo.

This sounds dramatic but I promise you that it will play a part......this team quitting on their coach is the worst possible thing that could happen to Archie in terms of recruiting.... he has a huge hole to dig out of. These kids could have helped to lay a foundation for something special. Instead they quit as show zero pride. They’re losers. Harsh but true. 

This sounds dramatic but I promise you that it will play a part......this team quitting on their coach is the worst possible thing that could happen to Archie in terms of recruiting.... he has a huge hole to dig out of. These kids could have helped to lay a foundation for something special. Instead they quit as show zero pride. They’re losers. Harsh but true. 

That's hard for me to believe. If a player has quit on you, you sit his butt on the bench. He doesn't play.

Congrats to Wisconsin. We may have had twice the talent but we only had half the hustle. Wisconsin still wins the way IU used to—they out-hustle and out-work the other team. Until this team decides to give more effort—this is going to be a long year. That is all...Goodnight...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just now, Hoosier1984 said:

If Romeo was really looking at how the season is going this isn’t going to be good at all. The only plus Vandy sucks just as much as us. We are God awful.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

So he's taking the easy way out and going to Kansas(nothing to see here)

Pretty much. I'm fine with a lot of guys transferring this off season. Most of them tbh. Next year will be rough. Might as well realize it now and hope that year 3 has enough talent and new guys to compete.

Just now, CandyStripers said:

I used to get so excited for IUBB but anymore it's just a joke. I don't even look forward to watching games anymore. When you know the outcome. Small lead at halftime and you know they are just to get the doors blown off of them in 2nd half.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

Hell, you can't even count on beating the cupcakes in November & December anymore.

1 minute ago, Josh said:

That's hard for me to believe. If a player has quit on you, you sit his butt on the bench. He doesn't play.

Cool. We aren’t talking about 1 player. We are talking about 90+% of an entire roster. His hands are tied. I will admit, I do not understand McSwain getting the mins that Smith should be getting.