Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB @ West Palm Invite - 12/17 & 12/18

14 hours ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

I just don't think the players are being treated well. The staff likes to play head games, doesnt develop talent well, and wastes the eligibility of talented players (elbert) and one or two players are "chosen" by moren and are put on a pedestal, while the others are essentially turned against each other to fight over bench minutes. It's always all love at the beginning of the season and by the end of the season people are pushed to their mental limits. I just don't think it's worth it in the end to these kids..they like the gear and the travel and free school but to deal with all the bs and still be mediocre at the end of the day..

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Can you confirm or deny the rumor that in Moren's first season, the staff made the team go an entire practice without water?

Can you confirm or deny the rumor that in Moren's first season, the staff made the team go an entire practice without water?

I feel like if something like that happened I would have heard about it. Sounds absolutely crazy..i can't confirm or deny but I would say that did not happen.

I can confirm there was an athletic dept investigation into the program moren first year.

Watching the last 2 minutes online and this team looks so much like it is coached by Crean. It has talent but is completely undisciplined. They turn the ball over twice in critical situations on possessions near end and did not D up leading to several open 3's and layups. This team has talent but may not even win as many as the men's team since they are well coached and disciplined now despite a lack of talent. To OT we go after Buss misses a FT that could of won it. Buss is usually good at being a senior leader but that was a bad moment for her.   

Completely dumb team. Talent level was not even close and we were by far more talented team but have no sense of direction hence a loss. This program will not improve until a coaching change is made. I thought we would fall off next year but its happened this year instead.

Reminds me of with Coach Jack when a team lost some of its talent from previous year after a pretty good season but still had a decent team with very good players Jamie Braun and Jori Davis as upperclassman and leaders (much like Cahill and Buss) and was very mediocre and around .500. Than they lost Braun after that year and than then Davis the next year and it kept getting so much worse each year until a change was finally made. That's where this is headed I'm afraid until we make a coaching change. Coach Moren actually recruits light years better than Coach Jack but if you can't mold the team and talent together it doesn't matter if your getting 3-5 star players instead of 0-2 star players especially if some of them transfer because they don't want to play for you.       

34 minutes ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

I can confirm there was an athletic dept investigation into the program moren first year.

Well, that's good to know! Sounds like Kevin Wilson all over again. Glass sure has brought some winners into this athletic department.

Completely dumb team. Talent level was not even close and we were by far more talented team but have no sense of direction hence a loss. This program will not improve until a coaching change is made. I thought we would fall off next year but its happened this year instead.
Reminds me of with Coach Jack when a team lost some of its talent from previous year after a pretty good season but still had a decent team with very good players Jamie Braun and Jori Davis as upperclassman and leaders (much like Cahill and Buss) and was very mediocre and around .500. Than they lost Braun after that year and than then Davis the next year and it kept getting so much worse each year until a change was finally made. That's where this is headed I'm afraid until we make a coaching change. Coach Moren actually recruits light years better than Coach Jack but if you can't mold the team and talent together it doesn't matter if your getting 3-5 star players instead of 0-2 star players especially if some of them transfer because they don't want to play for you.       

The sad part is coach jacks team is doing excellent this year against similar competition. Her team was ranked in the mid major top 25 last time I checked.

27 minutes ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

The sad part is coach jacks team is doing excellent this year against similar competition. Her team was ranked in the mid major top 25 last time I checked.

I'm not surprised. From everything I saw Jack's big issue was recruiting players at the correct level of talent for IU. Her in game management was fine which is why she won for a couple years using the previous regime's players. If she recruits the same level of player at Buffalo she did at IU she could win that conference. If you took Moren's recruiting with Jack's in game ability you would have a pretty good coach. Unfortunately, at this level you have to have a coach who can do everything and so far besides Curt Miller not sure I have seen a women's coach for our program who knew what they were doing completely.