Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Str8Hoosiers

Prediction League (Game 7 - Duke 11/29/17)

Okay...so here's the problem with us having any chance at all against Duke:

Duke is stacked!

1. They have two of the likely top five picks in the next draft; in fact, they have FIVE likely NBA early picks in their rotation.
  2. On the other hand, we have a under talented team, with a couple of reasonably well-ranked players. Our leaders are a physically strong but not that quick guard and a over-achieving senior forward who hasn't been on the floor all that much. Yes, we've got some size and strength, but it's largely young and raw, and hasn't had as much floor time as we'd like.
  3. Even our head coach is new to the program, and is going against the venerable Coach K.

How the heck can we possibly compete with this #1 ranked team?!?

Oh...and by the way, if you're trying to identify who the people I've cited in the paragraph above are, the answers are:

1. Jay Williams and Mike Dunleavy. Also Carlos Boozer, Chris Duhon and Dahntay Jones.
  2. Tom Coverdale, Jared Odle, Jeff Newton.
  3. Mike Davis.

"Duke is just a name on a jersey. They're not the Lakers. Shaq and Kobe Bryant are not going to walk out of the dressing room in Lexington. We've got fight, man. We're not like the teams they beat by 40 who lay down and die. We're not punks. Nobody's punking us. Yeah, they got more NBA lottery picks, but it's Duke, man. It's just a name. I only fear one person and that's God. And the only human person I fear is my mother."

A.J Freakin' Moye

"For the love of all that is good and holy, get your hearts, souls, and legs in gear and win the game Hoosiers. Win. The. Game." 

Stuhoo 

100% and i know people will take issue with it, even tho it’s just kids having fun and enjoying life.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If you knock off #1 at home storm the hell out of the court

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app