Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

memphis2

Curtis Jones

4 hours ago, BGleas said:

We've been begging for a coach that tightens the rotation and limits the crazy subbing, especially in big games. Remember a couple years ago we played Louisville in NYC and for some inexplicable reason Crean threw April out there in the first half of a close game, I think it might have even been the last couple minutes of the half, and all of the sudden Louisville went on a run, and then just blew us out in the 2nd half?

I am in no way comparing Justin Smith to April as a player, but that is why Smith only played 2 minutes. That was a big time game, and in those games a good coach is going to roll with the guys he trusts and not mess around. Smith has been really good so far, and I'm not saying Archie doesn't trust him, but it's clear at this point, in that game, he wanted to go with Hartman and McRoberts, two kids who have been there and done that to an extent.

Justin didn't have good body language going into that game.  I felt the same way about Al Durham.

You just have to go with the more active horses in a race.

Indiana University men’s basketball coach Archie Miller has announced that Curtis Jones, a 6-4 sophomore guard from Richmond, Virginia, has left the basketball program and will transfer at the end of the fall semester. #iubb

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Indiana University men’s basketball coach Archie Miller has announced that Curtis Jones, a 6-4 sophomore guard from Richmond, Virginia, has left the basketball program and will transfer at the end of the fall semester. #iubb

Not surprising. Good luck to Cujo, maybe he can find a role on a low mid major.

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Welp, we sure predicted that.

Someone will get something good out of him, I'm sure of it.

The honeymoon is over and it's getting real now.

We had room for Garland and Langford after all.

Most importantly, we have room for another guy in 19’. Maybe this will lead to a Hemenway offer

Really sucks to see this. Most of the Summer CuJo looked like one of the better players on our team, but practice and games are different. He just hasn't got his confidence going and consistency. He hasn't played the minutes I expected either, but I trust CAM and he hasn't done much to earn more either sides a few glimpses. Someone will get a steal I expect, but it was time for a change for him. Just wasn't gonna happen here. Good luck CuJo I will continue to follow his career from here on out.

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I wonder if McRoberts will get a scholarship for next semester now that one is open. I don't see a reason not to give it to him. 

Rumblings of us looking at the transfer market. Staff wants to keep it open in case a good player transfers or one that fits Archie's system. Wouldn't mind a look at Evan Boudreux 

1 minute ago, Iugradman said:

Hopefully this isn’t a case where yet another recruit leaves and shines somewhere else. That has happened a lot.

I fully expect that to be the case but it wouldn't of happened here so I pray it does. I always wish our kids the best and CuJo is a talent. The fit just wasn't right for either side.

2 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Rumblings of us looking at the transfer market. Staff wants to keep it open in case a good player transfers or one that fits Archie's system. Wouldn't mind a look at Evan Boudreux 

They're looking for a transfer to add at the end of the semester?

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Hearing Courtney Ramey's name mentioned as an option.

At semester break? I wasn’t aware we were even recruiting him or that he’s interested.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

No, for next year. Just a couple mentions on twitter.

Probably nothing but he was a Louisville commit and generally considered open since then. Mizzou as perceived leaders.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That would be a hell of a pickup if there’s any truth to it