Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierHoops1

Thomas Bryant - Miami Heat

Lakers fan here. Wish we could give him some more PT. He really showed some good things in pre-season and summer league. His ability to stretch the floor, with his length and mobility will really help him have an NBA career.

From Lakers Practice Notes:

Luke Walton on Thomas Bryant: “Thomas is great, because he just wants to play basketball. I was thinking about bringing him back a game earlier, and he called me and begged me…he said ‘No disrespect coach, I’ll do whatever you want, but if I’m not going to be playing, is there any way, I can stay down here and stay with the G League because I like playing with them and it’s their home opener. He’s been great, just his overall attitude and energy, just about being around just wanting to play basketball.”

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From Lakers Practice Notes:

Luke Walton on Thomas Bryant: “Thomas is great, because he just wants to play basketball. I was thinking about bringing him back a game earlier, and he called me and begged me…he said ‘No disrespect coach, I’ll do whatever you want, but if I’m not going to be playing, is there any way, I can stay down here and stay with the G League because I like playing with them and it’s their home opener. He’s been great, just his overall attitude and energy, just about being around just wanting to play basketball.”

I get why people don't like the whining, but I've always loved his attitude. He would've been special with a coach like Archie.

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Former Indiana center Thomas Bryant will be in uniform for the Lakers tonight after being recalled from the G-League. Averaging 21.3 points, 7.5 rebs, 1.7 blocks in G-League.

His development and strong play in the G-League could be part of the reason they just let Andrew Bogut go