Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Al Durham - Lavrio (Greece)

Hey guys, I asked about this in the Howard game thread and it kind of got lost and went unanswered so I thought I’d try again here.

Sometime near the end of the first half (I think) Durham got a rebound and started to push the ball up court. Took Howard by surprise a bit and then drove it to the paint for a coast to coast layup. Great play I thought. Anyway, after the play, the T.V. broadcast appeared to show CAM and Bruiser kind of, well, what I thought was, they looked to be yelling at him a little. Seemed somewhat upset. Did anyone else see this? Did I miss-read that? I don’t know, after the (perceived) altercation I described, I noticed Al then return to the court and have a short convo with the referee as well. If anyone else noticed this exchange, just what did he do wrong there?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

10 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

Hey guys, I asked about this in the Howard game thread and it kind of got lost and went unanswered so I thought I’d try again here.

Sometime near the end of the first half (I think) Durham got a rebound and started to push the ball up court. Took Howard by surprise a bit and then drove it to the paint for a coast to coast layup. Great play I thought. Anyway, after the play, the T.V. broadcast appeared to show CAM and Bruiser kind of, well, what I thought was, they looked to be yelling at him a little. Seemed somewhat upset. Did anyone else see this? Did I miss-read that? I don’t know, after the (perceived) altercation I described, I noticed Al then return to the court and have a short convo with the referee as well. If anyone else noticed this exchange, just what did he do wrong there?

If you watch after Al makes the layup he chest bumps the ball a little bit. Ref blew his whistle and I think gave a warning for delaying the game. Could have been called a technical and I think that’s why Archie seemed upset

If you watch after Al makes the layup he chest bumps the ball a little bit. Ref blew his whistle and I think gave a warning for delaying the game. Could have been called a technical and I think that’s why Archie seemed upset

Ahhhhh, see I missed that completely or they didn’t show it here. Makes me feel a lot better as it totally looked like they were ticked over his score. Was up half the night thinking about it...and Darius.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I saw the same thing cappy pointed out and was also curious. I have noticed a lot of communication during stoppage of play and coaches pointing things out. It's a good sign players are communicating. Hopefully they'll do this more during the run of play too.

8 minutes ago, dyedinthewool said:

He may not be the most gifted player on our roster, but he has tons more heart than a few upperclassmen this year. I agree with Feathery. Give the kid more minutes. He should be a huge wake up call for some.

Lol... Give him more minutes?!?

I get the point, but he's coming off a hammy and he just got 30 minutes against Howard.

Another way of saying it? Archie is gonna keep maxing him out.

On 11/12/2017 at 10:57 PM, mdn82 said:

I genuinely think we should be starting two Freshman right now. They just fit Archie more than what we have out there.

I agree. They give us the best chance to win. Could really use Hartman.

Haven’t watched Scruggs play, but I do like what Al has shown so far. I would start him until someone with more talent shows enough heart to take his spot. 

I believe two of his teammates shot up the rankings the last few seasons. Colin Sexton was one on his AAU team and I believe one from his high school team as well. We really need that player that elevates those around him. Al might not be the most skilled player but he's tough and is a good teammate. I like his upside.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Not sure if there's a guard on the roster outside Green with as much or more talent than Durham.I'd start them both and bench Johnson until he gets his head out of his @$$.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

As long as RJ and Newkirk keep missing 3's, Durham and anyone else who steps up will benefit. Cujo along with his poor defense and handles, has a great opportunity to play. I just don't think he is IN talent.