Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Al Durham - Lavrio (Greece)

Ah okay. I've heard the song before so I didn't think anything of it, but if you don't listen to much new rap these days then I definitely see where you're coming from haha. 

I dont but we had bad songs when i was young but wouldn't choose 2 live crew as my highlight video either lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

12 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

For those of you who have coached or played organized basketball, I’m curious about your thoughts: as a sometimes low level coach, I thought that Durham had an excellent excellent first game, especially defensively.

The kid really helps well off ball, and follows it up by closing out on his man with aggression.

On offense I thought his decision making was outstanding (including zero turnovers). His shot selection was good, they just did not fall. Archie says his shot is better than fine.

All in all? He was +9 in 11 minutes. This, for a kid that has barely seen the practice court the past two weeks.

Hate to throw stones, but CuJo? Your minutes are about to slide; Archie prefers defenders and guards that can get to the rim. CuJo can get to the rim a little, but if you isolate your eyes on him during a series of defensive possessions? Aye caramba.

Al Durham, as soon as he’s fully healthy will be getting 15-20 minutes per game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The thing about Durham that stood out most to me is his feel for the game. Durham sees the game a step ahead, evidenced by his passes to Hartman for the 3 and also the kick out to Rob on the flare screen. I can see why Archie thinks he can play PG some this year. 

His shot will fall. I’m not worried about that. I love his shiftiness and ability to James Harden his way into the lane. That drive for the layup was impressive. 

I know we have basically nothing to go off of right now, but I see Al definitely getting minutes this year. If you would’ve asked me a month ago, I wouldn’t have thought that to be the case. Pleasantly surprised.

Forgot to add, but his D has been really solid. He moves well laterally and keeps his man in front of him. I’ll be watching closely when we play better competition to see how he does.

Maybe his first start tonight.
Very likely his first game tonight with:
Twenty or more minutes played, and
A made three pointer.

Sweet

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He was a very low 30% 3 point shooter in AAU. Maybe worse. That's the part of his game he really needs to improve to be an offensive threat. He seems to love shooting them even though his percentages have always been low.

I'm sure he's working hard on that shot. Hoping to see the fruits of the labor.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This kid has a chance to be a really good player. The key will be improving the talent around him. Since he’s more of a scrapper/hustler/tough type of player, I’d think he could really thrive when surrounded by really skilled guy, just not the case yet though. 

I believe two of his teammates shot up the rankings the last few seasons. Colin Sexton was one on his AAU team and I believe one from his high school team as well. We really need that player that elevates those around him. Al might not be the most skilled player but he's tough and is a good teammate. I like his upside.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Oladipo is a poor man's version of Al Durham

Al Durham once bowled a perfect game with a marble.

Al Durham has found every needle in a haystack

If paper beats rock, rock beats scissors, and scissors beats paper, what beats all 3 at the same time? Answer: Al Durham