Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Al Durham - Lavrio (Greece)

If it’s today, y’all are going to love him.
Old school shiftiness, and in general...he “gets it.”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I've seen him play a few times and have been impressed.Seems like a lot of people dismiss him as an afterthought but I dont see it.Cant teach that size and natural feel he seems to have.Archie always brings him up so I think he likes the potential also.
May be behind the learning curve a bit according to some insiders here but the physical ability is definitely there.
I would love to see him have a great career here and wont be the least bit surprised if he does.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

I've seen him play a few times and have been impressed.Seems like a lot of people dismiss him as an afterthought but I dont see it.Cant teach that size and natural feel he seems to have.Archie always brings him up so I think he likes the potential also.
May be behind the learning curve a bit according to some insiders here but the physical ability is definitely there.
I would love to see him have a great career here and wont be the least bit surprised if he does.

As long as he isn't shooting too many 3's. Or hopefully he improves that aspect of his game soon.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

These last 2 classes have been awesome. One thing Crean knew how to do was evaluate talent sides a few misses. He just couldn't teach more than offense or balance classes. Give Archie these guys and watch them really grow. Green and CuJo have potential to be our starting backcourt, Davis is possibly our go to guy this year, Smith brings the athletic ability and toughness, Moore is the diamond in the rough which Green was too and Al has a chance to really shine under Archie. He just seems to fit exactly what he wants. The 3 guards mentioned are why I am not as invested in Garland as some are though he is a GREAT player and would help immensely but I really like the future of our backcourt as is. Romeo being a wing scorer is what we need for next year as long as we keep our key guys. 

These last 2 classes have been awesome. One thing Crean knew how to do was evaluate talent sides a few misses. He just couldn't teach more than offense or balance classes. Give Archie these guys and watch them really grow. Green and CuJo have potential to be our starting backcourt, Davis is possibly our go to guy this year, Smith brings the athletic ability and toughness, Moore is the diamond in the rough which Green was too and Al has a chance to really shine under Archie. He just seems to fit exactly what he wants. The 3 guards mentioned are why I am not as invested in Garland as some are though he is a GREAT player and would help immensely but I really like the future of our backcourt as is. Romeo being a wing scorer is what we need for next year as long as we keep our key guys. 

Similar game to Stanford Robinson?

Sent from my LGLS992 using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, croneleoni said:

Similar game to Stanford Robinson?

Sent from my LGLS992 using BtownBanners mobile app

IMO more of a actual pg. Doesn't come with the off court issues like Stan Rob which if he would have been focused, I had high hopes for him. Al just gets it. I stated in another thread that Archie loves him and only has minor things he wants him to focus on. Getting faster with the ball, keeping his head up and his shot. Mechanics are there for him to be a good shooter which was Robs problem too. His demeanor will rob off on everyone as well as his work ethic. Al has a chance to be a good to great player but I don't expect more than flashes this year. Too much depth. 

40 minutes ago, Woodson1980 said:

Yeah his shots not great by any means.

He’s supposedly been killing it lately shooting. Let’s hope that translates into game success so he can get some confidence. I’m excited to watch and especially key in on Al and Hartman.

7 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I just googled al Durham video. It first that came up. I would probably get banned linking it to this site

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Found it.  Yeah, I get what you mean.  I like the edge he plays with.  His shot doesn't look too terribly bad to me.  

Durham is the exact type of recruit I'd like to have as the 5th or 6th guard/wing on the team. Potential lockdown defender with room to grow to be a contributor as an upperclassman. The most important part is him "getting it" and being a great teammate.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

12 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Yes i just looked them up that is the one.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Ah okay. I've heard the song before so I didn't think anything of it, but if you don't listen to much new rap these days then I definitely see where you're coming from haha.