Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

coonhounds

Archie miller radio show on now iu radio network

It’s not really accurate to say the B1G doesn’t compete well in the tourney. We’ve had 7 teams in the Final Four since 2012. We own the 3rd best win percentage against other conferences in tourney games since 1985. Many will agree that our failure to win since 2000 has a big luck element to it, because we get teams there. And it doesn’t help that we’re worried about fundamentals and points in the paint while much of the competition at that point has paid a 1 year lease on NBA talent. 

I think maybe a bigger factor is the talent drain. When Dawson Garcia knows he’s gonna get bodied in the B1G, he goes to the Big East. Guards don’t want to drive the lane in a conference where they might get the foul, but get bruised hips and elbows in the process. 

I agree it should get cleaned up. For consistency definitely. But a cleaner game is a prettier game. Like soccer with spacing and passing. To me the game in basketball is all about creating space for a good shot. Simply pushing a guy to create the space isn’t really how it should be played. Plenty of other sports for that. 

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-10-05/best-conferences-ncaa-tournament-play-1985

24 minutes ago, Stromboli said:
24 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

I think maybe a bigger factor is the talent drain. When Dawson Garcia knows he’s gonna get bodied in the B1G, he goes to the Big East. Guards don’t want to drive the lane in a conference where they might get the foul, but get bruised hips and elbows in the process. 

Speaks volumes about how things have changed over time. The Big East used to be the gold standard for felony post play. Now a kid like Garcia views it as a better skill showcase than the Big Ten.