Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

Exhibition Game Thread: Marian University

I thought that Curtis was surprisingly engaged on defense, very good sign. To me? Other than DeVonte, Josh Newkirk was the best player on the floor for either team. Completely in control, excellent defensively, excellent decision making. Played like an athletic, experienced senior.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I see the potential in Smith and Moore, but we really miss Hartman when he’s not out there. Davis and Morgan are the only power conference ready big guys that I saw last night.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

For anyone who has BTN plus, is it possible to watch a replay of the game on demand? 

I wasn't able to watch last night so I didn't buy BTN plus yet, but I was thinking of getting it today so I can go ahead and watch a replay of the game if that's something that is possible.

For anyone who has BTN plus, is it possible to watch a replay of the game on demand? 

I wasn't able to watch last night so I didn't buy BTN plus yet, but I was thinking of getting it today so I can go ahead and watch a replay of the game if that's something that is possible.

Yeah, look at the games that were scheduled for October 28 and you will find the Marian vs. Indiana game. I bought it yesterday and watched Hoosier Hysteria.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

12 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

With how things looked, Green is better than Rojo and needs to be on the floor more than anyone else. I don’t see anyway he’s not starting. I’d rather see Newkirk, Green, Hartman, Morgan and Davis. 

Green will be the PG when he’s in the game. That wouldn’t be the case starting alongside Newkirk

Green will be the PG when he’s in the game. That wouldn’t be the case starting alongside Newkirk

I did not see the game last night, but I did get to watch a practice last week. I was concerned about Rojo's shot. He drifted to the side or front to back on most of his jump shots. I am not a coach but it is a lot more consistent when a jump shot starts and ends in the same place. Did he seem to do that last night?

4 minutes ago, Jam said:

I did not see the game last night, but I did get to watch a practice last week. I was concerned about Rojo's shot. He drifted to the side or front to back on most of his jump shots. I am not a coach but it is a lot more consistent when a jump shot starts and ends in the same place. Did he seem to do that last night?

He wasn’t good last night. Didn’t seem to be in a rhythm at all. He’ll get the benefit of the doubt to begin the season. But if he continues to play like that, he’ll go to the bench

45 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Lineup will be Newkirk, RoJo, Hartman, Morgan and Davis. IU needs veteran leadership in the starting lineup. Devonte and CuJo can provide that firepower off the bench. Be an important thing this season

I think it's going to be hard to keep Green out of the lineup. I know it was only against Marian, but he was by far the best player on the court last night. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I think it's going to be hard to keep Green out of the lineup. I know it was only against Marian, but he was by far the best player on the court last night. 

Like I said, RoJo will get the benefit of the doubt to begin the season. If he continues to struggle, he’ll go to the bench

Just now, Hoosier Guy said:

Like I said, RoJo will get the benefit of the doubt to begin the season. If he continues to struggle, he’ll go to the bench

I kinda liked the 3 guard lineups last night. If Rojo struggles I wouldn't mind starting Green/Newkirk/Cujo. 

4 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

That would definitely be some firepower. But I also find it hard to believe that Hartman doesn’t start

We've got a good problem to have. Assuming Hartman is back to the player he used to be we have at least 7 guys capable of starting. It's way too early to conclude much, but I'll be shocked if we miss the tournament this year. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

We've got a good problem to have. Assuming Hartman is back to the player he used to be we have at least 7 guys capable of starting. It's way too early to conclude much, but I'll be shocked if we miss the tournament this year. 

Definitely a good problem to have. And IU is not missing the tournament this year. I’d put down big money on that

38 minutes ago, Jam said:

Yes he did. At first he was kicking in which flattens his shot. He was bringing the ball back behind making his release coming from behind his head. I couldn't see drifting from where I sat, but he probably struggled with that. 

Yes he did. At first he was kicking in which flattens his shot. He was bringing the ball back behind making his release coming from behind his head. I couldn't see drifting from where I sat, but he probably struggled with that. 

Even in warmups he was missing 4 of 5 or so. He was hanging his head a bit in warmups too. He's a veteran though and a good shooter. I bet he figures it out sooner than later.

Green's pull up 2 point shot was Yogi-esque. Greens pull up 3 shot is definitely not Yogi-esque.

We need to make smarter passes when flipping around the horn. Lots of lazy, telegraphed passes.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I agree. I don't think he was given enough minutes. He showed some signs of being a decent PG for us. 

I was tooting his horn all season. Even OG his freshman year didn't get the minutes he deserved until JBJ went out. Crean didn't seem to find these things out early enough.

I think Clifton could be that guy this year. I like Justin Smith a lot and it appears Archie does too. Seems like Justin will get most of Clifton's minutes to start. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see Clifton earn more minutes as the season progresses and he gets more comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app