Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Indiana @ Penn State Official Game Thread 9/30 - 330 on BTN

4 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Ramsey named starting QB this week. Huge turning point I would say in the direction things are headed when your senior QB is second now on depth chart.

Also, Riggins and Ball likely out this week. Hopefully, back during Michigan. Everyone else expects to play. 

Wait until Ramsey has a bad game...people will be asking for Lagow to come in. I hope we can get a big lead against Charleston Southern and give the starters some rest in the second half.

Wait until Ramsey has a bad game...people will be asking for Lagow to come in. I hope we can get a big lead against Charleston Southern and give the starters some rest in the second half.

So Lagow could airmail his receivers? No thanks. Lagow is what he is and that's not improved from last season. If we need someone to kneel down or a punt pass Lagow is our man. Otherwise, let's see if we can get Ramsey into a rhythm and win some games.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I feel bad for Lagow. He is close to having it but doesn't seem to have it. He seems like a good dude. Tough to lose your job like he has but the writing was on the wall and I don't think this saga is over yet. Have a feeling we see 2 Qbs of and on the rest of the way in some format.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

You won't hear it from me.  Ramsey at least has potential, Lagow just sucks.

1 hour ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

Not me. I'm well aware that there will be growing pains with a freshman quarterback. I'm willing to go through those with a freshman because there's potential to improve. Getting starting experience will be valuable down the road. At this point I think it's safe to say Lagow isn't going to improve. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Not me. I'm well aware that there will be growing pains with a freshman quarterback. I'm willing to go through those with a freshman because there's potential to improve. Getting starting experience will be valuable down the road. At this point I think it's safe to say Lagow isn't going to improve. 

I am not saying that I disagree with the move; Ramsey's ability to move gives a better chance to win and getting some experience now will help in the future. I just hate how negative our fanbase can get sometimes. I saw so many people on twitter giving up on this team when we aren't halfway through the season and the two losses were against top 5 teams.

9 minutes ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

I am not saying that I disagree with the move; Ramsey's ability to move gives a better chance to win and getting some experience now will help in the future. I just hate how negative our fanbase can get sometimes. I saw so many people on twitter giving up on this team when we aren't halfway through the season and the two losses were against top 5 teams.

That's IU football in a nutshell. I think it'll take a while to keep people excited throughout an entire season. They see a blowout like last Saturday and think "welp, there's the IU football I know" and tune out. 

As much as I hate to admit it, what happened Saturday -- and what has happened to IU football pretty much ever since the Bill Mallory years -- gave me a whole new appreciation for the late Joe Tiller. In his very first year with the Toiletmakers, after they were godawful for several years, they went 9-3. Essentially, he took a bunch of crappy players and found a way to win with them. And after that, he just kept on winning. In the five years before he arrived, they won 4, 1, 5, 4 and 3 games. Nothing against Tom Allen, but why can't we get a coach like that? Guess if they grew on trees, everybody would have them, eh? We get a new coach, wait for him to turn it around and when he doesn't, we start all over again. Maybe Allen will be a difference maker, but I'm not holding my breath. 

As much as I hate to admit it, what happened Saturday -- and what has happened to IU football pretty much ever since the Bill Mallory years -- gave me a whole new appreciation for the late Joe Tiller. In his very first year with the Toiletmakers, after they were godawful for several years, they went 9-3. Essentially, he took a bunch of crappy players and found a way to win with them. And after that, he just kept on winning. In the five years before he arrived, they won 4, 1, 5, 4 and 3 games. Nothing against Tom Allen, but why can't we get a coach like that? Guess if they grew on trees, everybody would have them, eh? We get a new coach, wait for him to turn it around and when he doesn't, we start all over again. Maybe Allen will be a difference maker, but I'm not holding my breath. 

The season isn’t over yet. Did you see what he did to the defense last year and is continuing to do this year? We very well may have a coach like that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 hours ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

This is pretty much any P5 fanbase that cares about college athletics. My family is from Univ of Missouri and the message boards are a cesspool of negativity. I think in our circumstances, people just assume it's gonna be the same. Can win some of the easier games but can't sustain success for 4 quarters against the big dogs. I think things would change if we could get a program changing win. We just haven't been able to do that in for what seems like forever. 

8 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I feel bad for Lagow. He is close to having it but doesn't seem to have it. He seems like a good dude. Tough to lose your job like he has but the writing was on the wall and I don't think this saga is over yet. Have a feeling we see 2 Qbs of and on the rest of the way in some format.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I agree he seems like a good guy. Hasn't gotten down and pouted. Seems upbeat and supportive of Ramsey which is cool. I've never hated Lagow as a person. I just hated that they kept throwing him out there when in all reality he just wasn't a very good QB. I hated hearing the constant "he's got an NFL arm" talk. 

Ramsey named starting QB this week. Huge turning point I would say in the direction things are headed when your senior QB is second now on depth chart.
Also, Riggins and Ball likely out this week. Hopefully, back during Michigan. Everyone else expects to play. 

Knight and Harris? They're playing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

10 hours ago, btownqb said:

Knight and Harris? They're playing?

Allen sounded very optimistic on both guys during the press conference. Said Harris was probable and Knight was pointing towards that as well. If they don't suit up it's likely due to not risking it with the opponent at stake. Ball and Riggins seem to have the more serious injuries at this point since he immediately ruled them out and gave no indication if they are close to returning. 

Allen sounded very optimistic on both guys during the press conference. Said Harris was probable and Knight was pointing towards that as well. If they don't suit up it's likely due to not risking it with the opponent at stake. Ball and Riggins seem to have the more serious injuries at this point since he immediately ruled them out and gave no indication if they are close to returning. 

Do you have a link?

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Do you have a link?

Can't find the press conference but here is someone who covered it and reported the injuries on Twitter. Don't see anything about the OL, Harris but I know I heard him mentioned and it was positive regarding the injury. 

https://www.crimsonquarry.com/2017/10/2/16401584/peyton-ramsey-officially-named-starting-quarterback

On 10/2/2017 at 2:52 PM, LamarCheeks said:

His first year was surprising,  but then he had 3 straight NFL starting quarterbacks  to keep things going.  IU has had a few decent QB's but they all had/have flaws or injuries.  I think this position is what has kept the Hoosiers from having multiple 8+ win seasons in their recent history.  I think If IU can get a good QB and keep him on the field the wins will come. 

7 minutes ago, Doctor Jones said:

His first year was surprising,  but then he had 3 straight NFL starting quarterbacks  to keep things going.  IU has had a few decent QB's but they all had/have flaws or injuries.  I think this position is what has kept the Hoosiers from having multiple 8+ win seasons in their recent history.  I think If IU can get a good QB and keep him on the field the wins will come. 

Welcome aboard Dr. Jones.