Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

Would they risk it by potentially being pulled into it? I’m not sure about that. I wouldn’t put it past Nike to do what they could to bury Adidas but they wouldn’t do something to hurt themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Enough money could persuade some. The FBI isn’t exactly faithful to their job, unbiased or hard to manipulate. It would make for alone heck of a movie too. All to try and make Oregon basketball #1 in the awful PAC-12.

Enough money could persuade some. The FBI isn’t exactly faithful to their job, unbiased or hard to manipulate. It would make for alone heck of a movie too. All to try and make Oregon basketball #1 in the awful PAC-12.

Joe I am guessing you don’t know any FBI agents to make that hot take.

I agree. There is a 99.9999% chance that  Nike was playing the same game so I would assume they would have preferred for these type of activities to stay underground.

Agreed and they are winning a lot of those battles too. Why disrupt the status quo? When was the last Adidas champ in either major sport? Kansas?

4 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

By only bringing predicated cases to the United States Attorney's Office, with probable cause to support a federal grand jury indictment, and sufficient proof to support a conviction with proof beyond a reasonable doubt as assessed by a trial jury?

Or by your standard of 'doing what feels right to you'?

Joe I am guessing you don’t know any FBI agents to make that hot take.

Well after all the BS in the political world and the fact that Comey would have been the boss at the time for a lot of this... not saying they are all bad, but the FBI can be put on an agenda.

17 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Well after all the BS in the political world and the fact that Comey would have been the boss at the time for a lot of this... not saying they are all bad, but the FBI can be put on an agenda.

wqc9wiuudbvdxfkpbgkx.gif

Yes because in the political world they are worried where Jonathan Kuminga goes as much as the president. I can see parallels there if I squint really hard. So much so I now see why you disparage the FBI as one. It is all clear to me now. Those damn agendas. Guessing the March Madness Office pool finally got us when someone decided to raise the stakes. FU Adidas!!! Burn in Hell!!! We only wear Puma now!!!

35 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

The FBI has about 13,000 Special Agents and over 25,000 employees, very few of whom have any contact with any senior executives in Washington DC as the work their investigative assignments.

The FBI has about 13,000 Special Agents and over 25,000 employees, very few of whom have any contact with any senior executives in Washington DC as the work their investigative assignments.

Facts aren't allowed. I see the name change hasn't changed Joe much

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Key Informant Cooperating With NCAA in Federal College Basketball Probe

https://www.si.com/college/2020/01/31/ncaa-college-basketball-investigation-corruption

Unfortunately, the NCAA is a joke and every college program now knows that unless you self report, they aren’t going to do anything. Louisville literally paid for prostitutes to have sex with teenagers, on campus, while recruiting them, and all they had to do was fire a sleezy coach and “sit out” a postseason in a year they weren’t making the tourney anyway. Two years later they got a coaching upgrade, are ranked #6 in the country and have a top 5 recruiting class next year. Bill Self flat out states in a text he’s paying for recruits, and months later wears a gold dollar sign chain to midnight madness while Snoop Dogg makes it rain fake dollar bills on the fans. Top-5 team and a top five recruiting class coming next year. (Also a contract extension signed with Adidas)

The NCAA is not going to do anything except delay their investigation and response for as long as it takes for the public to forget about it enough to not notice they didn’t do anything at all. Too much money at stake. The big machine has to keep turning. 

pUKe, Dook, Louisville, UNCheat, Kansas, M$U, P$U (sorry couldn’t think of clever wordplay for all of them) all deserve to be fired into the sun but nothing is going to happen, ever. 

And wait....Players from Northwestern? I read that right?

.."a development that could be a potential game-changer in the NCAA’s ongoing probe of corruption within the sport."

LOL.  Clearly nothing is going to be done.  Will Wade is on tape discussing bribes and he's about to win a league title.

I'm not sure why this is even still a story.  No one will pay for this other than assistants who have already been fired.