Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

Maybe this is old news but I saw Pat Forde tell a Louisville sports radio show that the NCAA is going to hammer Kansas Louisville and LSU. Also said he is surprised Mack took that job and the fact he got recruits. I’ll believe it when I see it but he’s been credible.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Maybe this is old news but I saw Pat Forde tell a Louisville sports radio show that the NCAA is going to hammer Kansas Louisville and LSU. Also said he is surprised Mack took that job and the fact he got recruits. I’ll believe it when I see it but he’s been credible.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We will see.

It was commonly thought that UNC and Miami (football) would be severely punished. The cases against them appeared insurmountable but they both lawyered up and the spineless, worthless, incompetent NCAA did absolutely nothing to them (note to AD’s, including Glass....never, never, never admit anything).

The recruits obviously do not think anything will happen.  As of today Arizona’s 2019 class is ranked number 1 and Louisville’s is fifth. If that doesn’t teach the schools a lesson I don’t know what will...LOL.

4 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

We will see.

It was commonly thought that UNC and Miami (football) would be severely punished. The cases against them appeared insurmountable but they both lawyered up and the spineless, worthless, incompetent NCAA did absolutely nothing to them (note to AD’s, including Glass....never, never, never admit anything).

The recruits obviously do not think anything will happen.  As of today Arizona’s 2019 class is ranked number 1 and Louisville’s is fifth. If that doesn’t teach the schools a lesson I don’t know what will...LOL.

Truth! Believe it when I see it. 

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

Sure, LSU is on the verge of a regular-season SEC title. But how long before that's erased ... 

https://sports.yahoo.com/exclusive-wiretap-reveals-lsu-coach-will-wade-discussed-recruiting-offer-hoops-scandal-middleman-175046487.html

Said this last night on here...LSU is my darkhorse final four team..but they better enjoy it. I think the NCAA will come down on them. 

2 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Said this last night on here...LSU is my darkhorse final four team..but they better enjoy it. I think the NCAA will come down on them. 

It might be the best thing for cleaning up college basketball: LSU playing on the national stage with chants of "cheaters" along with lots of talk about how they suddenly got so good.  It would definitely give the NCAA a black eye and might be the one thing that gets them to finally take cheating seriously.  One can hope.

It might be the best thing for cleaning up college basketball: LSU playing on the national stage with chants of "cheaters" along with lots of talk about how they suddenly got so good.  It would definitely give the NCAA a black eye and might be the one thing that gets them to finally take cheating seriously.  One can hope.

U of No Classes won a championship while their whole thing was going on. U of 6 was on the Big stage too. The NCAA will form another commission to tell us that everything is wrong outside of college basketball.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Is McIntyre joking or what? The guy was caught on tape, very likely discussing an offer of money to a recruit, and college basketball needs him? Seriously? 

[/url]  

If you look in the comments, McIntyre is upset that the NCAA isn’t going after duke for the Marvin Bagley BS and other top schools but will go after the smaller schools.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Is McIntyre joking or what? The guy was caught on tape, very likely discussing an offer of money to a recruit, and college basketball needs him? Seriously? 

Maybe it cut off the last part of his tweet. Needs him...’in prison’ : )

5 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

He said he made a strong offer, and he's at LSU.....wait, even people at LSU don't care about LSU basketball.  Yeah, I'd say he was talking about money.

Its just sad we are talking LSU and not UNC, Duke and UK....

It will probably take a few years, but I am guessing we get there with UL, Zona, and Kansas. I know people like to say nothing will happen to these schools. But deny, deny, deny only works when the NCAA is investigating. I think UL gets hammered. I think LSU gets hammered. I think KU and Zona will see a ban. But I think UL will get as close to a death penalty as you can get without shutting down a program. They already had issues with lack of institutional control. This is another instance. That’s when the NCAA actually does something. When issues occur more than once and they get caught.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app