Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

Let this be the moment where IU removes both hands from its pockets, raises them high in the air, and flies the birds toward Indy.  Let coach Ostrom hold a press conference to tell the entire college basketball world that we will get whatever recruit we want.  Let him, at the same time, tell everyone that he doesn't think this is the true landscape of college basketball!

1 hour ago, VO5 said:

I can’t believe some IU fans actually listen to Dakich. He’s a Jekyll/Hyde character that tries to generate clicks. Always has been a hack, always will be. 

VO, he's been right on target a hell of a lot more than he's been wrong.  And he knows the ins and outs. You may not like the delivery or the ego; but if you want truth and the real scoop?  He's the only one giving it to you and he's so spot on about the board of trustees and McRobbie, it's laughable.   

I'm absolutely certain not another coach or assistant coach in the history of college basketball has ever before used the phrase "willing to do what it takes".    lol     Also, the words weren't from Ostrom's mouth they were from Lasko:
“This is from Lasko to Fenny,” Schachter said, reading the text to Kaplan. “‘Fenny, I am in Indiana and Coach Ostrom asked me for an update. They are super willing to do what it takes to recruit Silvio. Is that something of interest for us?’”
Who knows what, if any, conversations may have actually transpired between Lasko and Ostrom but let's all go jump off the cliff anyway.
It's what some do

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

VO, he's been right on target a hell of a lot more than he's been wrong.  And he knows the ins and outs. You may not like the delivery or the ego; but if you want truth and the real scoop?  He's the only one giving it to you and he's so spot on about the board of trustees and McRobbie, it's laughable.   

Even when you are right you can be wrong. He doesn’t have context or anything beyond what was said. What was the hot take when he was in the same situation as Ostrom? Are we suppose to believe he was 100% clean? Just because he said so?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Even when you are right you can be wrong. He doesn’t have context or anything beyond what was said. What was the hot take when he was in the same situation as Ostrom? Are we suppose to believe he was 100% clean? Just because he said so?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Not at all, but Dakich has a pretty good track record of being accurate and telling truths we don't get from other sources.   His delivery can be abrasive and he comes across differently than most; but the guy knows what he's talking about, and I think he's exactly right about everything he says re: IU's administration and the BOT's.

One thing to consider: This would have occurred last summer.  This staff was just beginning their first recruiting class and Ostrom (presumably) had no experience in recruiting the elite level players.  His idea of being "super willing" might be much different than that of your typical UK, KU, UNC, UL type recruiter.

The fact that the player never visited or was offered give me no reason to be either concerned or suspicious.

6 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

One thing to consider: This would have occurred last summer.  This staff was just beginning their first recruiting class and Ostrom (presumably) had no experience in recruiting the elite level players.  His idea of being "super willing" might be much different than that of your typical UK, KU, UNC, UL type recruiter.

The fact that the player never visited or was offered give me no reason to be either concerned or suspicious.

Ostrom recruited the players for the last repeat champs

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Kind of BS that De Sousa has to sit out but Bill Self doesn't?!?! So we punish the kid until a review is done, but the multimillion-dollar coach who is on record having known about paying players gets to keep coaching?

Oh I agree, and to add more salt to the wound to have said coach be the one to hold the presser announcing the decision. It looks wrong in every way that you look at it.

23 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Which is why Steve Alford is our coach right

One example....and I know.   There are many the other way.    And I'm not so sure the information he had at the time wasn't credible.   How things ultimately end isn't always reflective of the data along the way.