Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

No more recordings will be made. They would be far more likely to produce false exculpatories than helpful evidence:

Chuck Person: "Hey Bruce, what are we gonna do about this? We're in it deep and we're in it together."

Bruce Pearl: "Chuck, we both know that I never knew about your awful behavior. How dare you."

Bruce's lawyer (months later): "Even when my client was being secretly recorded, he told everyone that he was in no way a part of this!"

Oh gotcha 

http://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/index.ssf/2017/09/auburn_offering_full_refunds_f.html

Auburn is offering full refunds for men's basketball season tickets if fans no longer want them in light of the federal charges against assistant coach Chuck Person.

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

For sure!!

But as Stromboli said, they may have a long wait to get the goods to proceed.

I guess one thing I'm not certain of is what info beyond evidence for prosecution would the NCAA be privy to?  Would (will) the feds provide incidental info that pertains to NCAA violation?  I'd love for as much investigation and information be shared so that as many cheaters as possible can be punished.  From reading around the internet, it seems some think that the FBI is going to delve deep into NCAA violations and I'm not sure that is the case.

6 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

A few names being thrown out ss interim head coaches: Scotty Davenport, Tom Crean, Thad Matta and J. Thompsom III

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

I hope its Crean. I've heard jokes from my UofL fan brother for years about Crean.

12 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

A few names being thrown out ss interim head coaches: Scotty Davenport, Tom Crean, Thad Matta and J. Thompsom III

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

Also being thrown out: 6'9" PF Tim Priller is considering a grad transfer to the University of Louisville. COINCIDENCE?!!?

1 minute ago, BtownBanner6 said:

Honestly they'd be lucky to land Crean with the shite they're in.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

would Crean even want to build a team from the ashes again ?..even with their program in the toilet I don't think they want him.