Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

Don't know if this has been posted yet:

FBI arrests former Pacer Chuck Person and other NCAA assistants in corruption scheme

The other coaches arrested are California assistant Tony Bland, Arizona assistant Emanuel Richardson and Oklahoma State assistant Lamont Evans. The six others named on court documents are: James Gatto, director of global sports marketing at Adidas; Merl Code, an Adidas adviser; Christian Dawkins, an NBA agent; Jonathan Augustine, program director of the Adidas-sponsored 1 Family AAU program;  Munish Sood, a financial adviser; and Rashan Michel, founder of Thompson Bespoke Clothing line.

3 hours ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Just saw this on Reddit

"Did we have some Indiana kids not come here because they just wanted to go to another school? Yes. Did we have some Indiana kids not come here because money changed hands? Because things got done for people on the inside? Absolutely it did. We live that." - Crean after being fired in March

I remember hearing this interview -- at least on a podcast. I was so disappointed the interviewer didn't press him on that. I'm sure he wouldn't have answered, but you gotta at least ask!

I gotta believe it's a total reset at Louisville at this point. We could be looking at no games at all for them at least this year, maybe next. I kind of feel bad for UL fans. Championship a few years ago followed by complete self destruction 

Maybe this has already been mentioned, but where is World Wide Wes with regard to these shenanigans?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Lots of questions....few answers at this point.  I read the first 3 pages of this, and may have missed any entry after that, but does the fact that Arizona is involved bug anyone else a little bit?   Even if Archie knew nothing (and I'm not suggesting he did), ya' gotta' think he's nervous for his brother, right?

Naive to think some IU targets aren't in the know on some of this, even if not involved.   Wow. 

1 hour ago, Capt. Crimson said:

@Brass Cannon 0708 just said he got trolled and there's no mention of IU.. lmao

"So far no mention to IU being involved and nobody on the inside is expecting a thing other than a commitment from someone from New Albany. Staff was already confident in getting him, now the other competition just eliminated itself "

I think someone is sensing an opportunity to get some more attention.

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice.....

Jeff Goodman‏Verified account @GoodmanESPN  
One high-major head coach text to me earlier: "It's about time this **** broke. I will sleep like a baby tonight"

Really seems like the coaches knew... Why was it such a surprise? And why did the NCAA do nothing?

Lots of questions....few answers at this point.  I read the first 3 pages of this, and may have missed any entry after that, but does the fact that Arizona is involved bug anyone else a little bit?   Even if Archie knew nothing (and I'm not suggesting he did), ya' gotta' think he's nervous for his brother, right?
Naive to think some IU targets aren't in the know on some of this, even if not involved.   Wow. 

It was addressed somewhere in this thread.
I will say; there are two separate schemes here-
one in which the players were getting paid big time to go to a college team. That's where UL, Miami, and South Carolina are in big trouble.
The other scheme involves assistant coaches taking bribes to steer players to a financial advisor. That doesn't feel as "program-related" to me, and that's Auburn, USC, Zona, and ok st.