Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

TCU placed on 3-year probation and former assistant coach Corey Barker hit with a 5-year show-cause order.  Also, TCU assessed a $5,000 fine plus 1% of the men's basketball budget.

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/former-tcu-assistant-coach-violated-ncaa-ethical-conduct-rules

From article above——-

If anyone thinks that there is such a thing as a clean big-time program, they need to wake up and smell the donkey s---,” Code wrote in his book. “Somewhere along the line, even the so-called cleanest of programs has some dirt if you look close enough.”

Lol. This sums up part of the reason why we’ve been bad for so long as I’ve been saying FOREVER. Some of our righteous fans want no part of any of it. Our administration was too busy striking deals with China affiliates to care about sports. Crean wanted to play ball. Archie tried playing ball. We’ve never had the infrastructure in place to succeed. I thought NIL might change things, but here we are, recruiting similar as we did before NIL. If we want to be a big player we need to act like it, or hire a savant of a coach.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Another good one, re: Billy Donovan. And you wonder why he stays in the NBA. Probably Brad Stevens too.

Code’s recollection of Donovan’s rant: “I’m sick and tired of this bulls---! You motherf----rs keep helping Kentucky! This **** is ridiculous. I’m gonna call [Nike cofounder] Phil Knight personally to talk about this s--- because it’s getting out of hand.”

Code wrote: “I stayed quiet while Billy vented, because I knew there was some truth in what he was saying. With John Calipari getting an overabundance of the top recruits in the country at the time, Florida and every other program were fighting for scraps. One of the worst-kept secrets in the business was Nike’s emphasis on helping Kentucky and Oregon, Phil Knight’s alma mater, with everyone else falling in line after.”

13 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

From article above——-

If anyone thinks that there is such a thing as a clean big-time program, they need to wake up and smell the donkey s---,” Code wrote in his book. “Somewhere along the line, even the so-called cleanest of programs has some dirt if you look close enough.”

Lol. This sums up part of the reason why we’ve been bad for so long as I’ve been saying FOREVER. Some of our righteous fans want no part of any of it. Our administration was too busy striking deals with China affiliates to care about sports. Crean wanted to play ball. Archie tried playing ball. We’ve never had the infrastructure in place to succeed. I thought NIL might change things, but here we are, recruiting similar as we did before NIL. If we want to be a big player we need to act like it, or hire a savant of a coach.

****, this is so spot on it hurts.

22 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

From article above——-

The problem is that for some reason the NCAA's punishment picks and chooses the winners as well.  Hanner Perea and Peter Jurkin suspended 9 games because Scott Adams was a 'booster' since he donated $185 to IU.  But North Carolina can run sham classes and the NCAA says that it's 'not their place to do anything about it'.

The easiest way to tell that we aren't a blue blood program anymore is that the NCAA won't cheat for us like they do the real blue bloods.

The problem is that for some reason the NCAA's punishment picks and chooses the winners as well.  Hanner Perea and Peter Jurkin suspended 9 games because Scott Adams was a 'booster' since he donated $185 to IU.  But North Carolina can run sham classes and the NCAA says that it's 'not their place to do anything about it'.
The easiest way to tell that we aren't a blue blood program anymore is that the NCAA won't cheat for us like they do the real blue bloods.

Which is bizarre because we do great with ratings and fanbase. I’d posit, the fact that we are an Adidas school compared to Nike as a huge factor. However Kansas, has succeeded as an Adidas school, but not on the level of woke Nike darlings. And Kansas still finds itself in trouble from time to time.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

46 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Another good one, re: Billy Donovan. And you wonder why he stays in the NBA. Probably Brad Stevens too.

Code’s recollection of Donovan’s rant: “I’m sick and tired of this bulls---! You motherf----rs keep helping Kentucky! This **** is ridiculous. I’m gonna call [Nike cofounder] Phil Knight personally to talk about this s--- because it’s getting out of hand.”

Code wrote: “I stayed quiet while Billy vented, because I knew there was some truth in what he was saying. With John Calipari getting an overabundance of the top recruits in the country at the time, Florida and every other program were fighting for scraps. One of the worst-kept secrets in the business was Nike’s emphasis on helping Kentucky and Oregon, Phil Knight’s alma mater, with everyone else falling in line after.”

Where in this timeline does Coach K cutting the line, making his own line and having the original line go off a cliff fall in?

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Which is bizarre because we do great with ratings and fanbase. I’d posit, the fact that we are an Adidas school compared to Nike as a huge factor. However Kansas, has succeeded as an Adidas school, but not on the level of woke Nike darlings. And Kansas still finds itself in trouble from time to time.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Cooperating vs. telling NCAA to go kick rocks like the majority of programs do

Where in this timeline does Coach K cutting the line, making his own line and having the original line go off a cliff fall in?
Are we to assume duke is clean and kentucky and Oregon were dirty lol.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

From article above——-

We either need to win the right way or not win at all!!! Lol.

Thomas Bryant was definitely a suspicious recruitment. Crean’s on the hot seat, recruiting isn’t looking too hot, bam, McDonald’s all-American from Rochester, New York. Crean played ball. He was just too weird to be consistently good at all. Even programs that people think are ‘clean,’ Villanova, for example, aren’t. Some people are just too self-righteous. This is what college athletics is and always has been. You either play the game or you get left in the rearview. 

35 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

We either need to win the right way or not win at all!!! Lol.

Thomas Bryant was definitely a suspicious recruitment. Crean’s on the hot seat, recruiting isn’t looking too hot, bam, McDonald’s all-American from Rochester, New York. Crean played ball. He was just too weird to be consistently good at all. Even programs that people think are ‘clean,’ Villanova, for example, aren’t. Some people are just too self-righteous. This is what college athletics is and always has been. You either play the game or you get left in the rearview. 

Bryant wasn't a McDonald's AA

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Yes he was 

Maybe what I was thinking was that he wasn't a 5 star ayer.  I thought his final rankings were on the 30's which usually don't get you in tbe McDonald's game.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe what I was thinking was that he wasn't a 5 star ayer.  I thought his final rankings were on the 30's which usually don't get you in tbe McDonald's game.

Top 20.  Definitely 5 star.    TJD was the McDonald’s All American that was ranked in the 30’s 

9 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Another reason why I tend to prefer the NBA. Not only a better product but you know up front who has the $$$.

Can't stand the NBA and  how the players run things.   I hate load management and seeing soft players sitting out two weeks with a hang nail