Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

4 hours ago, Demo said:

So, they paid Williamson 5k and Brian Bowen 100k? Forget illegality, whomever is judging talent for Adidas needs a new career.

To be fair, it was almost $5.5k. 

1 hour ago, pumpfake said:

I propose an edit to the title of this thread, replacing the word "investigation" with "charade".

I agree that the title should be edited. This has nothing to do with the FBI criminal investigation anymore.

On 5/6/2021 at 4:51 PM, Hardwood83 said:

Answer: Whatever it took. 

Nike literally has a FREAKING STATUE of Krzyzewski in their HQ.

coachkstatue.thumb.jpg.b5d846baf5c54241465a2a877aec8445.jpg

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/look-nikes-michael-krzyzewski-fitness-center-will-have-a-statue-of-coach-k/

Article that came out the creation of that it was around the time of the PK80 tournament I believe.

Is it even corruption if the schools and governing body are both in on it?  Seems like the whole charade is just theater for the fans who wax poetic about the sanctity of the student athlete 

That’s just it. It’s been an undercover (mostly cheap) minor league for a long time. That is also why the Cinderella stories in March are even sweeter than it would appear on the surface. Real student athletes vs minor league clubs. I’m still not certain Indiana will level the playing field, but I continue to get my hopes up. Otherwise I’ll have to root for us to be the Cinderella story.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Jason Riley off WDRB --

Former Assistant University of Louisville basketball coach Dino Gaudio has been federally charged with extortion.  Gaudio wanted 17 months of salary not to report the violations, according to the charges.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jason Riley off WDRB --

Former Assistant University of Louisville basketball coach Dino Gaudio has been federally charged with extortion.  Gaudio wanted 17 months of salary not to report the violations, according to the charges.

Great mobster name, great mobster behavior. 

Eh, this might all be on their former assistant instead of UL, but with NCAA, who knows

Sounds like the assistant was trying to black mail YL after he was fired.  He said he would leak recruiting violations if he was not paid.

Haven’t read through everything so sorry if already mentioned. I was listening to a sports podcast this morning and they were discussing how Will Wade/LSU keep staying ahead and nothing is happening to them. Evidently, the AD at LSU is the brother-in-law to Mark Emmett the head of the NCAA. 

13 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Haven’t read through everything so sorry if already mentioned. I was listening to a sports podcast this morning and they were discussing how Will Wade/LSU keep staying ahead and nothing is happening to them. Evidently, the AD at LSU is the brother-in-law to Mark Emmett the head of the NCAA. 

Well that explains everything 

Of course a tool shed the likes of Will Wade finds himself in such a position. But as they say, it takes one to know one. I’ll prematurely assume the AD knew exactly what he was looking for with that hire.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Judge dismisses Brian Bowen's suit against Adidas ruling Bowen could not prove he had been directly harmed by the shoe company’s actions and his suit lacks proper standing.

https://www.wdrb.com/in-depth/judge-dismisses-brian-bowens-lawsuit-against-adidas/article_34be03cc-be37-11eb-91f1-cffeec686007.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share